is it okay to be over soduim once in awhile as long as you d

Options
im over by 40 on sodium but have calories left and dont have really no fresh stuff in my house to just eat my left over calories without eatting more sodium ......drinking water reverses the amount of sodium i have in me correct??????

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    *drink enough water? (part of title question)
  • rschwa
    rschwa Posts: 27
    Options
    Not really. Potassium is what prompts your renal system to eliminate sodium. You should drink plenty of water anyway.
    If you're really only 40 over on sodium, I guarantee you're doing better than 99% of the general population.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about being over by 40 on your sodium. Drinking water is always good and yes, it does help.
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    You can change your settings under your food diary to show sodium and other options
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    under settings under food diary or track food section i believe i could be wrong.....you can add things like vitiman c. fiber. ect...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Um wait a minute... how do you know wether you're over your sodium? Is that on MFP cause I haven't seen it and it would be really nice to know!

You can go into your home click the settings link, then select diary settings, and you have the option to add another thing to track and can choose sodium from the drop down list.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    go under my home.... than hit settings on right far side and than hit diary settings :happy:
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am consistantly going over by like almost 1000. I am in the same boat as you are, I haven't met the requirements for calories yet I'm over on Sodium.
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    Um wait a minute... how do you know wether you're over your sodium? Is that on MFP cause I haven't seen it and it would be really nice to know!