is going under really that bad?

Options
if i was under by about 300 cals one day, would it be that bad? or should i make sure EVERY day i should be eating my calories?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ONE day? You'll be fine. Just like you'd be fine if you went OVER by 300 on ONE day.

As long as it's not often, you'll be fine.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    One day shouldn't be a problem. Focus on your calorie goal for the week, rather than solely day by day.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My opinion is no. Don't forget the calorie count is offset by your exercise in most cases. A single day here and there of lower calories isnt going to hurt and in fact could help your metabolism. As someone else stated the other day, you dont go in to starvation mode just becuase you are below the calorie count. For health reasons, it's not a good habit but i wouldnt worry about it.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    awesome, thanks.
    i just have a feeling i wont be able to eat much today so i'll probably be under.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I go under a couple of times a month, I get a day my stomach doesn't feel good, and all I want is to leave it alone. But I am celiac and sometimes I get accidently glutenized and I have to wait to recover.

Some people get more nutrition in 1000 calories then others get in 2000. What you eat matters more than how much.

However if you don't want to play the "diet" game your entire life, learn to lose slowly, eat healthy, eat enough, and don't go to extreems. Then you will gather the tools to get the job done and you will get off of the died roller coaster and you will become fit and healthy for life.

• Some people get more nutrition in 1000 calories then others get in 2000. What you eat matters more than how much.

I really like this thought. With my BMR telling me I should eat 1500 calories a day, I REALLY cannot eat that much. I have tried but I just can't. I get all my macro goals with around 1100 calories. So like nutshel said, it's the nutrition which is important!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    as long as its not an everyday thing, then your fine. I am someday's way under and other days way over so I figure it balances out.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Some days I'm under, and some days I'm over. As long as I hit my "average" for the week, I'm good.