how do you add pizza from your local restaurant??

Options
We're having a thin whole wheat pizza with low fat mozz, red peppers, spinach and canadian bacon - how do i add this? i know i could add the toppings seperately, but i don't know what to use for the thin whole wheat crust pizza part - i did a search, but it's all chains???

how do you handle this?

Replies

• kaosvarkas
    kaosvarkas Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd take the chain and use it as a rough estimate.

...or I'd give up and not track it and call it a day. Then I'd feel guilty and work out extra hard the next day to make sure it evened out.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    When I don't find the specific place I ate at on MFP (and that happens often, I love little local places), I look for the higher calorie equilivant in the food base. I take the higher calorie ones just to make sure I'm covering my bases.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i usually try to find a similar pizza entry from a chain - though i know most chain pizza places dont do thin whole wheat - you could still add a thin crust pizza from somewhere else, and itd be pretty close.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I normally do generic pizza. Generic thin crust or generic thick crust if I want to specify. I tend to actually stay away from the entries for Domino's sine their pizza is soaked in butter and kind of different from any other kind I've had anywhere else. I try and find a pizza chain that has similar pizza. But I was in college for 4 years, now I'm in Grad School, I'm kind if a pizza expert haha I've eaten so much of it I can normally find a chain that has pizza that is very similar in size/amount of ingredients etc to there local place I'm eating at
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Normally I'll use "new york style" pizza or something that generic sense.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    When I don't find the specific place I ate at on MFP (and that happens often, I love little local places), I look for the higher calorie equilivant in the food base. I take the higher calorie ones just to make sure I'm covering my bases.

This is EXACTLY what I do
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Saddly, a lot of places don't list their calories like New York does. :c wish it was national. I think it'd really change the country (America) and their eating habits. Just seeing the numbers really makes me think about my choices in restaurants.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    how do you handle this?

i would immediately bring it back to the pizza place, and then order a regular crust, regular mozzarella pizza.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i usually try to find a similar pizza entry from a chain
    [/quote

Ditto
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    how do you handle this?

i would immediately bring it back to the pizza place, and then order a regular crust, regular mozzarella pizza.

:laugh: good advice!! :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury and Trader Joes both have whole wheat pizza crusts. Look up their calorie numbers online as well as portion sizes and choose one. Then add in the right amount of toppings and watch them add up. You can save this once you've made it too on "my foods" so it will be there the next time you need it. I am literally eating pizza while typing this but mine was easily found on the Pizza Hut section. Hope this works for you.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Saddly, a lot of places don't list their calories like New York does. :c wish it was national. I think it'd really change the country (America) and their eating habits. Just seeing the numbers really makes me think about my choices in restaurants.

They will in, I believe, 2014 except it is just chains with more than 20 restaurants. CA currently has the same for places with 20 locations in CA. Local places will probably never have calories listed. I eat local a lot so I try to find something similar and take the higher calorie one.