P90X, should I?

Options
Im a new mother and also in the military - I do PT (physical training) 5x a week for an hour. (Mostly running = 5miles @ 9min pace, or muscle failure) but i need to lose 26 lbs before july 25th! I need something more, but I dont have alot of freetime seeing im gone to work from 430am- 600pm. Is P90X something I should try?

Replies

• hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    P90X is at least an hour a day, everyday for 90 days. The Yoga is 90 minutes. It is pretty intense and you will see results. So if you have time for it, I say BRING IT. I am on week 10 and have seen good results. I am a picky eater so i do not follow the nutrition plan; i just practice portion control and follow my calorie intake through this site.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!!!!!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    It's often said that losing weight is 80% (90 maybe?) nutrition. Sure, working out will strengthen you and tone your body, but if you're not eating properly, your body will reflect that. I just wanted to bring it up because eating healthy has been so amazing for me and my weight loss. It's like hitting the gym is a daily bonus to my weight loss because I'm already losing from eating right.

But losing 26 pounds in 3 months...very feasible. I lose 1-2 1/2 pounds a week right now and would love to drop 20 by August! If you have 12 weeks, that's roughly 2 pounds/week and I think you can do it. I haven't done P90X but know of many people who have had awesome results. If you have 1-2 hours each day to sweat your butt off, go for it! And good luck!
  • elysae21
    elysae21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's often said that losing weight is 80% (90 maybe?) nutrition. Sure, working out will strengthen you and tone your body, but if you're not eating properly, your body will reflect that. I just wanted to bring it up because eating healthy has been so amazing for me and my weight loss. It's like hitting the gym is a daily bonus to my weight loss because I'm already losing from eating right.

But losing 26 pounds in 3 months...very feasible. I lose 1-2 1/2 pounds a week right now and would love to drop 20 by August! If you have 12 weeks, that's roughly 2 pounds/week and I think you can do it. I haven't done P90X but know of many people who have had awesome results. If you have 1-2 hours each day to sweat your butt off, go for it! And good luck!

Thanks for the confidence booster :) I just stopped breastfeeding so now i can actually stop eating like a pregnant woman! I just started taking Oxyelite Pro to help curve my cravings to eat all the time! Its working amazing so far, I think I am going to try P90X, what do I have to lose except 26 lbs!
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You may also want to look at another workout set called "Insanity"! It is also from the makers of P90X (BeachBody.com). It is a 60 day workout set with each day being about an hour each. One of the big differences between Insanity and P90X is that there is no need for weights, push-up bars, or a pull-up bar with Insantiy. For P90X you will need at least a set of dumbells and a pull-up bar. I have done P90X and I am waiting for Insantiy to be shipped. you can get some great results from P90X if you follow a good diet and push yourself on every workout.
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    P90X is great, I am on my second week but the biggest thing when making the decision to do the program is the time. You will be spending money on the program, plus buying equipment so if you can't dedicate that amount of time (1 hour to an hour and a half) six days a week plus an option for the seventh day I wouldn't do it - save your money.

I worked out regularly before the program and can already see a difference so I feel that it definitely delivers the results, would recommend it to anyone that has the time!
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    You may also want to look at another workout set called "Insanity"! It is also from the makers of P90X (BeachBody.com). It is a 60 day workout set with each day being about an hour each. One of the big differences between Insanity and P90X is that there is no need for weights, push-up bars, or a pull-up bar with Insantiy. For P90X you will need at least a set of dumbells and a pull-up bar. I have done P90X and I am waiting for Insantiy to be shipped. you can get some great results from P90X if you follow a good diet and push yourself on every workout.

I agree! I did two rounds of P90X and I'm doing Insanity now. You can get GREAT results with both, but with Insanity you get them quicker (60 days instead of 90) with less time (40-60 min.s a day vs 60-90) and with ZERO equipment needed. They're both great programs, but for your purposes - I think Insanity would do the trick. Plus - you get a free t-shirt when you're done, yay!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I'm giving myself 2 more months to prepare....and then buying Insanity :-D I like using my own body weight in exercises, even though I do use weights at the gym. But it just feels like a more natural workout for me.
  • nazykatz
    nazykatz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been experimenting with the P90X videos, but I don't necessarily follow the sequence. (Tony would say that's a no-no!) Has anyone calculated their number of calories burned with the Plyometrics workout? Plyo and Core synergistics are my favorites!
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    I have looked online and the average calorie burn of a video is 550-620, some people responded that they've burned more according to their monitors. Of course, it all depends upon your intensity level but I basically got that the average was about 600 calories.