Ate about 3000 calories today, will I gain weight?

Hey, I'm only 5 foot, 102 pounds in which only 3 months ago I was 92. I'm trying to go back to my original weight so I've been doing a pretty decent job eating only 1200 calories a day, or about 1500 with exercise. Well today I've been having non-stop cravings, and somehow I managed to eat 3000 calories just from snacking... (I work at a restaurant.) Will this destroy my progress?

Also, even though I've been doing this lower calorie intake plus exercise for the past week or so, somehow I managed to gain 2 pounds instead of losing any?

Replies

• tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    No you won't. Just take it easy on the ice cream in the future! Good luck!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Don't kill yourself, get back on track with your next meal and have a better eating day tomorrow. If you exercise, do more but don't beat yourself up over a one time over indulgence.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    3500 in addition to your bmr I think. If you step on the scale, it'll seem like you've gained but it won't be a true gain. Just get back to normal asap and drink lots of water.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    3500 in addition to your bmr I think. If you step on the scale, it'll seem like you've gained but it won't be a true gain. Just get back to normal asap and drink lots of water.

Yep, noticed I forgot to add that after I submitted. Thanks
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Don't jump on the scale tomorrow... you may see a gain if you do however depending on what you ate it won't all be fat and mostly water retention.

You gain one lb of fat per every 3500 calories you eat above your MAINTANENCE.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Don't sweat it! I probably do that at least 2 days out of the weekend!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    :smile: Niiiiiiiiice

Eat less tomorrow than your allowance and exercise a few minutes more, it'll even out, our bodies don't work on a 24 hour clock thank fook

x
  • I have found a little lemon and grapefruit juice in water is good to beat a craving back ---
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    No, it won't blow it. Just stay on track over the next few days. We all have days where we eat more. Vacation, out to restaurant etc. You may find that some of the weight gain you see on the scale is a combination of water retention, plus the building of muscle. Stick with it that's important. Don't guilt trip yourself but try to have healthier snacks handy. It must be very difficult when you work in a restaurant. I love food and the smells alone would make me cave in or feel hungry even if I wasn't. Your weight will fluctuate a little but it's not necessarily fat gain. All the best on your weight loss goals.
  • Cocoru
    Cocoru Posts: 19
    Thanks everyone! That's definitely a relief, and I will keep better track of what I eat from now on. It's rough working at a restaurant, small amounts of food that don't seem harmful, like some pasta, or one chicken quesadilla, are packed with calories like no other. I ran for 40 minutes today so hopefully that'll help burn some of it off.
  • Cheat days are cheat days.. and one bad day isn't going to destroy your progress: you just need to get back on track and follow through and not do a delicious binge everyday. Healthy eats, stay positive, and don't let one 'good' day of 'yummy' foods get you down. We only live once. You can enjoy things sometimes: just hop back on track the next day and get working out and eating right. Let yourself have a day when you enjoy something you don't usually do. Usually if people restrict so much they either end up binging like a mad person, or getting extremely unhealthy.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    No, it's not going to destroy your progress. I ate 2750 calories yesterday, but burned 2500, so only over 250 for the day. And even with that, I'm still under for the week. And I enjoyed that food immensely!
  • Little ripple in a big lake. You'll be all good :0)