How much more do I need to lose? Pics included.

Options
Hi! I'm 5ft2 tall currently weigh around 129lbs. Highest weight was around 170lbs. My BMI says I can weigh anywhere between 105-135lbs. I'm unsure whether I could get away with losing another 14lbs or would I need to lose another 20lbs+? The problem is that all my excess weight is in my stomach and due to my short height/small frame any excess weight looks really bad on me.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think :)

25grkg0.jpg

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Do you lift? At this point you could lose some more weight but what you really want to lose is body fat. So check out heavy lifting and I bet that stomach gets a lot flatter!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good weight, but lifting weights will help tone you up. :)
  • skimpyskimp
    Options
    Thanks guys, I've started toning up a little since that photo is a few weeks old. I use to have a big bum and my chest went down from a snug fitting 38G to a 34DD but my stomach id still massive, I'll probably go down to an A cup before that tummy gets flat lol. Anyways I will really focus on lifting weights from now on just annoying how the last bit of weight is the hardest to shift!
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you suck it in and stand up straight 24/7 you're golden :tongue:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Great progress!

But forget the scale..do weights, lean out, gain muscle :)
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! That is awesome! I know it's hard, but try to worry less about what the number on the scale says and more about what your body looks and feels like. Do you have fat on your body you could lose- sure. But my reccomendation is to lift some free weights and resistance training. You will be amazed how much it will change the shape of your body for the better and I bet you'll actually see the number on the scale go up.

Keep up the good work.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pilates will help (if you're looking for perfection!). But you look cute with good curves! Keep up the good work!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It is a personal thing. Keep going until you are where you want to be, as long as you are still at a healthy weight. I would also recommend strength training if you do not do so already.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Do you lift? At this point you could lose some more weight but what you really want to lose is body fat. So check out heavy lifting and I bet that stomach gets a lot flatter!

^this right here!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Since you are already at a weight that falls into the 'Normal' BMI range - you can now focus on Body Fat %!!
    Congrats! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Bulk to gain some muscle mass, then cut down to reduce body fat. Right now I weigh nearly the same as I did a few years ago when I began training again. But I had a lot more body fat and less muscle mass. You will look even better at your current weight if you put on more muscle mass and decrease body fat.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting alone won't guarantee a flatter stomach. The majority of strongmen competitors and power lifters have large bellies.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that if you maintain you current muscle mass and lose about 5-7 lbs of fat you'd hit a sort of thin /fit female aesthetic ideal. Whether or not maintaining that look would be physically comfortable or heathly is another question.
  • mjh4701
    mjh4701 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    adding some strength training would be great for you, Your stomach looks like you're bloated quite a bit.. I don't know your food diary, but SF things including gum and crystal light, diet soda can cause bloat. If youre eating a lot of processed low calorie food, that can also cause bloat.. a clean diet will help bloat. :) Great job on your weight loss!
  • skimpyskimp
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have PCOS as well so weight tends to go straight to the belly and just found out I'm a coleiac, it'll be killer to get rid of it but I feel alot more positive and motivated after all your encouragement and advice. I might start off with that 30 day shred dvd and see how I can get on. I don't mind what weight I am in the end as long as I have a flatter tummy.
  • skimpyskimp
    Options
    adding some strength training would be great for you, Your stomach looks like you're bloated quite a bit.. I don't know your food diary, but SF things including gum and crystal light, diet soda can cause bloat. If youre eating a lot of processed low calorie food, that can also cause bloat.. a clean diet will help bloat. :) Great job on your weight loss!

I get very bad bloating, recently found out I'm a coeliac so hopefully once my gut heals I'll be less bloated. I also live off chewing gum/herbal mints and diet coke :/ and sweetener. I thought cutting out all white flour, wheat and limiting potatoes/crisps/pasta/rice would help but maybe I should revise that further and cut out the soda and gum too. Thanks for the great advice :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am also 5.2 ft and seem to have that last weight just sitting in the belly. for me, my belly is flat 1st thing in the am and about 1 hr later, pop.. it's sticking out. i want to lose a good 2 inches off my lower belly yet. I did 30 ds and rin30 and they helped me lose good inches off my body. i was doing slim in 6 but i just went back to rin30 today b/c i want exercises with weights, more so then cardio. I hope going back to jm, will help ...
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I get very bad bloating, recently found out I'm a coeliac so hopefully once my gut heals I'll be less bloated. I also live off chewing gum/herbal mints and diet coke :/ and sweetener. I thought cutting out all white flour, wheat and limiting potatoes/crisps/pasta/rice would help but maybe I should revise that further and cut out the soda and gum too. Thanks for the great advice :)

Hi, but if you have coeliac disease then you should already have stopped eating all forms of gluten, including wheat. If you haven't already it's really important to consult with a dietician. + core strengthening exercises are great for the abdomen.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do you mean celiac . As in allergic to gluten. If that is was what you are talking about. Try a very strict gluten free diet. That tummy will go flat when you get all that build up of toxins out of it.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I have PCOS as well so weight tends to go straight to the belly and just found out I'm a coleiac, it'll be killer to get rid of it but I feel alot more positive and motivated after all your encouragement and advice. I might start off with that 30 day shred dvd and see how I can get on. I don't mind what weight I am in the end as long as I have a flatter tummy.

I have the same problem. I notice cutting down on processed food and sticking to fruits & veggies helps. So does strength training.