coconut oil...

Options
Hi is anyone on here using coconut oil to help with weight loss?

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's one of my supplements. I prefer it over fish oil. I take a multivitamin, a coconut oil, and green tea extract.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I use it for cooking… it has been replacing butter a bit for me. Not totally, as I love butter, but a bit. I have almost stopped using lard altogether. That is a shame… Oh well. If I ever buy bacon, I will render it and use it in a stew or something!!
  • CarleeB40
    Options
    I use it on my skin and to make my popcorn. I didn't know it could help with weight loss.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    It's one of my supplements. I prefer it over fish oil. I take a multivitamin, a coconut oil, and green tea extract.
    Not the same kind of fats. One is a MCT, the coconut oil and fish is "EPA and DHA" The good news is, you can eat both.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I use for my skin and for cooking. Don't think it has any magic weight loss properties but I love the smell of it!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I use it in my popcorn ! Love it!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have 3 teaspoons in my hot cocoa for added fat on my Keto lifestyle.. there are alot of articles online in regards to its properties
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    No but I smear it on my face all the time and it cured my acne. I also use it to season my cast iron pans. I always get organic virgin raw coconut oil.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It won't help specifically with weight loss. It's high in saturated fats, which ought to be limited in a healthy diet. Here's a brief article:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coconut-oil-and-weight-loss/AN01899
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday as well. Not for weight loss but because it's good for cooking, no GMO, organic, and can tolerate higher heat without free radicals (as opposed to olive oil, etc.) I also slather it on my skin after every shower. My kids eat a tablespoon in their oatmeal every morning and have for a long time (and they are skinny and healthy.) I put it on my dog's old lady nose too because it keeps it from getting crusty (I have a senior citizen boxer dog.) You can also use it for lube. Hahahahaha.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Saturated fats are awesome! Especially coconut oil. I have used it to cook chicken, shrimp, any meat really. Have you ever watched Fat Head? I would recommend it :O).
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is the duct tape of the 21'st century. I use it to cook, protein shakes, and i rub it on my nipples before i surf. Helps prevent board rash...no lie!