Fiber

Options
How do I add fiber to my diet? Not getting much and are oatmeal and veggies enough???

Replies

• byeachmoment
    Options
    If you can't get enough fiber in your day through food, you could try flavorless powdered fiber that you can mix into drinks or soft food.
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    vegetables, fruits, apples, oatmeal, lots of food have fiber added--like yogurts, those fiber bars are really good too.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What do your macros say? Have you logged your foods for a day to see if you're getting enough? 20 grams is a good amount.
  • xmisterheatherx
    Options
    You're going to want to go for steel cut oatmeal, not the instant kind. It has tons of insoluble fiber, which is great for digestion as well as overall health. Also make sure you're eating whole' fresh fruits and veggies, not the canned or processed kinds.Psyllium husk is also and inexpensive way to add fiber to your diet. You can mix it into a smoothie, or just add it to water and chug it like metamucil. Good luck!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Raspberries and chia seeds are two more great ways to add to your diet. As mentioned already, something like psyllium husk works well but I prefer Benefiber as it is clear and you can tell it is there. It is also all soluble fiber which is good in lowering your cholesterol if that is an issue.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Beans, fruit, veggies, cereal… I get usually over twice what is recommended. It is really easy. You can also set your goals to show your fiber intake here on MFP. I do...
  • siandannie
    Options
    Beans, fruit, veggies, cereal… I get usually over twice what is recommended. It is really easy. You can also set your goals to show your fiber intake here on MFP. I do...

Same here..