60 POUNDS GONE!!! :)

Options
These are two pictures of me at 236 pounds. This was in 2009/2010. I was 15 years old in these pics. I was unhappy and had absolutly no self-esteem. I hated myself. After moving out of a bad living situtation with my mom, I moved in with my dad and things started to change for the better. Along with moving in with my dad, I also changed schools. I had people in my life who loved and supported me and helped me make healthy changes in my life. The weight started to come off.

IMAG0106_zpsabb7d084.jpg

IMAG0107_zpsdcbf76e5.jpg

I'm 19 years old now and weigh in at 176. (I'm 5'5.) It's taken me a long time to take 60 pounds off, but in the end it's all worth it. Don't ever give up or get discouraged. Just believe in yourself. I know 60 pounds may not seem like so much, but I've come a long way. I'm not the same person I was before, and thats a good thing. I'm stronger person and have more self-esteem than I've ever had before. I still have a long way to go, but each day I'm getting closer. You really can achieve anything with hard work and determination! :)

IMAG0394_zps63c90b1c.jpg

Replies

• carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look great. You should be proud of yourself.
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thats some truly awesome progress!
  • siandannie
    Options
    great job!!!!!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great day! That is awesome! Way to go!
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    your doing great!
  • shadykatiekate
    shadykatiekate Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • chelery04
    chelery04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :) And 60 pounds is a lot! Congratulations on a job well done.
  • cozystyle
    cozystyle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great job...ur story is very encouraging...this is wat young ppl as well as us that are older need to see.....to actually see a person under 18 struggle wit weight loss and SUCCEED is something def to be proud of...AWESOME:flowerforyou:
  • mlundbe2
    mlundbe2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself. You rock!!!
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!! Congrats!
  • madelynfogarty
    madelynfogarty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Such an accomplishment, not only with your weight loss, but with your life change and attitude. You can be very proud ~ congratulations and keep going....life has great things in store for you :)
  • Serraphim
    Serraphim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was so encouraging, thank you for sharing your success story!
    And you look fantastic!
  • shadykatiekate
    Options
    I forgot to add that I've lost the last 24 pounds using MFP. I love this website and the community here!!! It really helps keep me motivated!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    W O W .....................You look great. This must make you feel so much better. Way to go. What a inspiration you are.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment. Congrats!
  • shadykatiekate
    Options
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • tiffanygordon1111
    tiffanygordon1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • LENAhall
    LENAhall Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    awesome job. and great for you for being able to overcome all that life has dealt you. you are correct, it has made you a stronger person!! go you :)
  • shadykatiekate
    Options
    Thanks for all the love!!! It means a lot to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!