Curves for Women.

Options
Just wondering if there are any other Curves ladies out there?

I've been a returned member of my local Curves since October '09. I was a member a few years back but left for another gym where I had the privilege of a free membership. So I'm back at Curves using the CurvesSmart program and I love it. Problem is, I haven't been oh so faithful in my eating habits so I'm not seeing the results I want. I've had a little 'wake up call' and am getting down to business. I figure there's no point in working so hard at the gym only to throw it all away with what I put in my mouth. I joined MFP 2 weeks ago and I love it. I have to be accountable for what I eat and it keeps me on track.

Hope there are some other Curvers out there looking to share and motivate each other!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves 3/13/10. I travel quite a bit for work and love that there are tons of locations all over the country that I can still go to when working out of state. With the exception of my second week (couldn't work out due to a shoulder injury) I have been going in 6 times a week.

4/19/10 was my first official weigh in because I was traveling on 4/13/10. I've lost 14lbs and 7 inches in my first 5 weeks!

I absolutely love it! So glad that I joined. I am also on CurvesSmart, but I've been doing a pretty decent job with my eating habits. Considering that 3 out of the last 4 weeks I've been traveling I think I've done a pretty great job staying on track. Sodium is the hardest thing to control when you don't have any choice but to eat out.
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    I joined Curves 3/13/10. I travel quite a bit for work and love that there are tons of locations all over the country that I can still go to when working out of state. With the exception of my second week (couldn't work out due to a shoulder injury) I have been going in 6 times a week.

4/19/10 was my first official weigh in because I was traveling on 4/13/10. I've lost 14lbs and 7 inches in my first 5 weeks!

I absolutely love it! So glad that I joined. I am also on CurvesSmart, but I've been doing a pretty decent job with my eating habits. Considering that 3 out of the last 4 weeks I've been traveling I think I've done a pretty great job staying on track. Sodium is the hardest thing to control when you don't have any choice but to eat out.

6 times a week is fantastic! That sure is commitment if you are always traveling. I hear a lot of women who travel a lot join Curves for that reason...you can pop in to one in the area you are currently in. That's great.
    Congrats on the weight/inches loss. With determination like that no wonder you had such a change. Yes, I agree....sodium is very hard to avoid in take-out. I am on the road a lot for work too so I have a little folder I keep in my car of nutrition info for the common places I like to eat at. You can find most online.
    Hope your shoulder is better! :smile:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I am a curves member and also do the curves smart program! I LOVE it! But I also haven't been so faithful to going since we have lots going on with house reno's! You have to take into consideration that you are also gaining muscle and losing body fat...I had been a member quite a few years ago and it definitely boosted my metabolism and that's why I wanted to get back to it...I joined in November and have actually only gone about 35 times....It sounds bad but I have lost 15lbs,5% body fat and 4.5 inches in total! That's not bad for only 35 times going!

This site definitely helps with weight loss as well but I also haven't been going cause I find I have problems eating my calorie allowance per day so hopefully I start eating more and can get back to it!

Good Luck on your journey at curves and eventually you will notice the difference.....(I love the fact that you only have to go 3 days a week too)! Feel free to add me as a friend for support :)
  • zionjeannine
    zionjeannine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My friend and are are...while I type... looking into curves as a second form or working out. Their current promotion is what interested us. I am glad this post is here since I was just wondering how others felt about their curves experience. This will be my first time at curves although I have heard about it. Is there anything we should know before going in?
    I am hoping to try to get to 5 days a week during the 30 days and hope for results. Thank you for sharing your curves perspectives.:bigsmile:
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    I am a curves member and also do the curves smart program! I LOVE it! But I also haven't been so faithful to going since we have lots going on with house reno's! You have to take into consideration that you are also gaining muscle and losing body fat...I had been a member quite a few years ago and it definitely boosted my metabolism and that's why I wanted to get back to it...I joined in November and have actually only gone about 35 times....It sounds bad but I have lost 15lbs,5% body fat and 4.5 inches in total! That's not bad for only 35 times going!

This site definitely helps with weight loss as well but I also haven't been going cause I find I have problems eating my calorie allowance per day so hopefully I start eating more and can get back to it!

Good Luck on your journey at curves and eventually you will notice the difference.....(I love the fact that you only have to go 3 days a week too)! Feel free to add me as a friend for support :)

Not bad for 35 times is right! Reno's can really mess up your schedule. Don't forget to make time for yourself though or all that stress from renovating can be even more overwhelming. I find it can be hard to get all of my calories in one day too.
    Good luck with with the reno and hopefully it will all be back to normal soon! :)
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    Hello everyone. My friend and are are...while I type... looking into curves as a second form or working out. Their current promotion is what interested us. I am glad this post is here since I was just wondering how others felt about their curves experience. This will be my first time at curves although I have heard about it. Is there anything we should know before going in?
    I am hoping to try to get to 5 days a week during the 30 days and hope for results. Thank you for sharing your curves perspectives.:bigsmile:

Does the current promo include CurvesSmart (the key you put in the machine to track your progress)? It probably doesn't but you should check anyway. I find it gives me that boost of motivation and you find out how many calories you burned. I tried the basic circuit before the Smart program to see how I liked it because of the cost. Once I got a feel for it, I decided the Smart program was just what I wanted. So many women in my gym have Smart and encourage others to use it too.I love Curves but I find it's not enough. You really have to be doing something else to get the results (if you are using it as a second form, you should be good). They suggest going 3 times a week but you could definitely go more. Most gyms do a monthly weigh and measurement too, which is great. I think they may even have 2 options for the SmartProgram depending on your achievements. Check out their website (www.curves.com). It has a total rundown of what the circuit looks like. And if you travel, you can get a pass and visit other Curves. Let us know how you make out!!! Good luck :smile:
  • zionjeannine
    Options

Does the current promo include CurvesSmart (the key you put in the machine to track your progress)? It probably doesn't but you should check anyway. I find it gives me that boost of motivation and you find out how many calories you burned. I tried the basic circuit before the Smart program to see how I liked it because of the cost. Once I got a feel for it, I decided the Smart program was just what I wanted. So many women in my gym have Smart and encourage others to use it too.I love Curves but I find it's not enough. You really have to be doing something else to get the results (if you are using it as a second form, you should be good). They suggest going 3 times a week but you could definitely go more. Most gyms do a monthly weigh and measurement too, which is great. I think they may even have 2 options for the SmartProgram depending on your achievements. Check out their website (www.curves.com). It has a total rundown of what the circuit looks like. And if you travel, you can get a pass and visit other Curves. Let us know how you make out!!! Good luck :smile:

Okay, So I did join, the friend will probably tomorrow. I am not sure about the key. I think I did get it though. The owner gave me a card type thing that does on my keys, it has a barcode on it so I am hoping that is what the key is. It is similar to the ones you get for the grocery store. I am suppose to do the first work out tomorrow so hopefully it goes well. The meeting today was so awesome if tomorrow is anything like today it will be GREATTT!!. Thank you for your help :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    Hey zionjeannine, how did your first workout go? Hope you are enjoying it!! :smile:
  • zionjeannine
    Options
    It was and has been fantastic!!! The plan is to go 5 days a week...so far so good. It is a great workout the people are super friendly I love it.
  • Miss_Jamie
    Options
    That's great news!! I really like the people at my Curves too. It's such a positive and encouraging atmosphere. Glad to hear you're enjoying it :happy: