For the Mama's

Options
xXxHBICxXx
xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
Hello ladies (and possibly some gentlemen) I have a question. I have 2 kids (5 yrs old and 7 months old) and I've had 2 c-sections I am working my stomach hard and have been for the past week or so, I've been working everything but focusing on my abs because its my trouble area, any who I just wanted to know if any of the Momma's out there have been able to tone up their tummy's to make it look like it did before having children or at least close to it or am I just wasting my time? Pics and advice would be much appreciated!!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mine is on it's way...but it's been a two year work in progress. I had a c-section and I don't think it will ever look the same-I'm hoping to make it look better! Just remember that a mix of cardio and strength training will give you the best results. That and TIME. Good luck!
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been pregnant every year for the past 4 years. (youngest is 5mo old) All my births were vaginal so im not sure about the c/s. Ive been working on getting in shaped/toned for the past month. I have a looonngggg way to go. I took this pic yesterday. I would post the picture straight into the comment but I can never get it to work.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/shaypagan/Scarlet Noelle/?action=view&current=603007_489899564394139_997534188_n.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    hmm, i am 41, had a emerg c section, changed everything for me!, i do 250 to 300 sit ups a day,
    IT WORKS!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have two children, both born by c-section. However, you can't spot reduce! You can continue to work your core, but your body will decide where the fat comes from as you lose weight. If it's a skin issue, this can improve with time or with plastic surgery.

Eat at a calorie deficit, exercise, strength train and hope for the best results.
  • Fitnsexy12
    Fitnsexy12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No ur not wasting ur time, I have 2 kids ages 11 and 3. I wanted to push myself to a place I have never seen b/f, so I trained to compete in a figure show, I trained for about 6 months, what I learned during that time is that it starts in the kitchen, u have to eat clean..bascially preparing ur own meals, no fried foods..when ur doing the ab workouts its building ur inner muscles, therefore when the fat is gone, u will then see a nice flat, well-toned stomach...I will try and post my contest pic sometime today...keep up the good work that ur doing...give it time....
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been pregnant every year for the past 4 years. (youngest is 5mo old) All my births were vaginal so im not sure about the c/s. Ive been working on getting in shaped/toned for the past month. I have a looonngggg way to go. I took this pic yesterday. I would post the picture straight into the comment but I can never get it to work.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/shaypagan/Scarlet Noelle/?action=view&current=603007_489899564394139_997534188_n.jpg

You look like you've never been pregnant! Lucky. haha. :)
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and had 2 c-sections, last one in Jan-2010. I was able to work into a six-pack by the summer of 2010, that is 4-5 months after having my last baby. Lost a total of 50lbs during this time. It is not how many gazillions sit-ups/crunches you do, abs start with what you eat, then the rest is toning them up. It's nearly impossible to lose the layer, unless you don't watch what you eat. By doing gazillions exercises for the midsection, you will gain strength, but unless you watch your diet, the size isn't going to decrease much. My profile has a bikini pic from the summer of 2010 when I had my baby 6 months prior. Good luck and remember, ABS are made in the kitchen.
  • shaywallis
    Options
    Curious on what you eat to loose that extra "layer" of ab fat? I think thats my problem !
  • shaywallis
    Options
    lol Ashly thanks =D , you can see a picture of me all big and preggers here... (this was at 34ish wks, three weeks before my daughter was born)

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/shaypagan/Scarlet Noelle/?action=view&current=IMG_8290.jpg
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Really try watching your carb intake and making sure you are at or just below your limit. Also, try to get your carbs from good sources and stay away from your processed foods....that should help along with the exercise. Good luck as I am attempting to do the same thing from 2 C-sections. Just beginning, but already noticing a reduction in inches this area.
  • jumeshawade
    Options
    Look up info on diastasis recti...before you work your abs too hard.
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Mom of 2 here too! looking forward to pics.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 & 7 year old. Both born via c/s. My tummy is pretty flat but needs toned I am starting to work on it. I tried to add a pic but couldn't figure it out. I did put one on my profile if you want to check it out.
  • wmorgan73
    Options
    What types of stuff did you eat? Clean eating?
  • wmorgan73
    Options
    I'm 40 and had 2 c-sections, last one in Jan-2010. I was able to work into a six-pack by the summer of 2010, that is 4-5 months after having my last baby. Lost a total of 50lbs during this time. It is not how many gazillions sit-ups/crunches you do, abs start with what you eat, then the rest is toning them up. It's nearly impossible to lose the layer, unless you don't watch what you eat. By doing gazillions exercises for the midsection, you will gain strength, but unless you watch your diet, the size isn't going to decrease much. My profile has a bikini pic from the summer of 2010 when I had my baby 6 months prior. Good luck and remember, ABS are made in the kitchen.

What types of stuff do/did you eat? Clean eating?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!