Mom trying her best

Options
Im a mom of 2 toddler boys and my days are exhausting to say the least. I have let my nutrition go south for way to long and its time for a change. I am currently around 164lbs and 5'6". I would like to get down to 135lbs by summer. I have been a fast food addict for years and I love to just sit and indulge in milk and oreos, order Pizza or get A big juicy cheeseburger and fries. This is what was yummy and convenient for me, but also made me feel horrible, tired, and just ill feeling. I new I needed to change quick. I have been dieting for almost a week now and am doing great staying under 1200calories and burning fat by running and fitness classes also weightlifting. I feel great, but am also a little sad becuase I miss my comfort food. The will power is with me this week so lets hope it stays with me for the long run.

Replies

• emioneall
    emioneall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Being a mom of two little boys. It is very hard at first to not want to eat that Big Juicy hamburger or that Pizza. It does get easier though. You will gain the will power to just say no, and don't forget to reward yourself every ones in awhile! Good Luck!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love my fast food especially because I am always on the go with a daughter in dance and son in hockey and I know it is an excuse and I am trying to be better
  • leyshockl
    leyshockl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have 2 boys also- 7 and 4.5. It is so hard to keep from eating all of their breakfast and snack foods that we have around the house. A few bites of waffles or goldfish here and there really add up. It is all about willpower and wanting to make a change. Some days are easier than others, but for me the feeling of being healthy keeps me going. Good luck to you!!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm mom to two toddlers as well, and I used to get fast food quite frequently. We swore off it all completely back in June and have never looked back. I feel better not only about my health but about the kids health as well. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • lmcrt
    lmcrt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well girls its been 12 days and I'm doing awesome and staying under 1200 cals and exercising despite the crazy cold weather here is Chicago. I'm really suprised I've stayed strong and I think what helps is totally changing the way I eat. I have cut out sweets totally so NO 100cal packs or skinny cow, etc. I feel those are just a teaser anyways. I cut out the frozen meals like I use to eat on my previous diets. they just leave me hungry and wanting more. Instead I am eating pretty much all fresh and organic. My typical breakfast is 2 eggs scrambled with diced ham or canadian bacon, diced onions, and a sprinkle of reduced fat colby sheese. Lunch is usually a salad with a little light dressing or a ham sandwich with 1%cottage cheese. Dinner is of the most variety. MY favorite is Turkey chili becuase I feel like I'm cheating but its actually low calories. I do alot of meats with veggies and sometimes some roated potatoes. And through out the day I really dont snack much. If I do its a greek yogurt or light cheese stick. I have continued my starbucks addiction but switched to a skinny mocha instead of my favorite mocha frappachinno. I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week for 1-1.5hrs or cardio and strength. I feel great and my cravings are hardly there. I'm leaving cheat days for outings. My first cheat day will be this friday going to a holiday party, next will be valentines day dinner. I truely hope I could stay strong and I hope once I have that cheat meal I don't fall off the ladder.