What is your motivation?

Options
I'd have to say my motivation would be every 15 pounds lost, I will treat myself to a tattoo.
When I reach my weight goal, that's when I'm getting my biggest tattoo. A back piece.

Just curious, what is your motivation?

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my old self...

238_15677598083_9551_n.jpg
  • LiveYourLife163
    Options
    My motivation is looking at photos of me a few years back and I just look so healthy and happy. I want to go back to that. Also, I just want to feel more energetic. I want to be able to go places and walk far distances without feeling tired and annoyed with myself for letting myself get this way. The tattoo thing is a great idea though! I'm always looking for excuses to get more, maybe mine will be every 20 pounds and a new, small tattoo!
  • emioneall
    emioneall Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My motvation is my Kiddos!
  • coreymoore1990
    Options
    Awesome answers. * Wow, Mrskendle.. I believe you can get back to your old self
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Awesome answers. * Wow, Mrskendle.. I believe you can get back to your old self

Thanks man...I know I can. Going to add lifting back in...like real lifting starting Sunday. Got body pump three times a week and running already. Should turn me back into the calorie burning machine I once was.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Feeling strong and beautiful is pretty motivating. So are dancing and people I love....
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Looking around me and seeing how people, some many years younger, are limited in what they do, or can do because they are so out of shape. Realizing I have kept in decent condition so I can do things and have choice to get back to old me...making that choice now and starting to feel it.....feels good :-)
  • jennifersue88
    Options
    I want to be around to see my children grow up and have children of their own :)
  • Lostone31
    Options
    People doubting me is my motivation. It powers me through those days where I don't want to work out.

Then watching P90X videos also motivates me because I want to get to the point where those workouts are easy.

3rd week into power90 and I substitute my cardio portion (sweat 1-2) sometimes for with 35 minutes of running.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    <
    the man in my picture with me! He love me no matter my size but I want to live a long and healthy life with him. I don't want him to have to take care of me because i am too fat to move. He deserves better! I want to travel with him and ride every roller coaster he wants to ride! He is awesome and I love him!
  • hollietkac
    hollietkac Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just decided I'll get a tattoo when I hit goal weight! I've had the tattoo i want picked out for a while, just looking for a reason to get it and I can't think of a better one!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My motivation came from a long time ago. When I was playing college baseball I used to run 5 miles every day at the same time and there was a young boy in a wheelchair who used to wait for me everyday and cheer me on. I told myself back then as long as I can do it I am going to exercise every day and my motivation is to do it for all those who want to but cant. Sometimes we lose sight of just how lucky we are to have the ability to do simple things that others dream about being able to do. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I like where I'm at, so my goal is to maintain, maybe increase my strength and endurance a bit.

My motivation? I don't need rewards to stay motivated. I just have to walk around and look at all the out of shape people out there to know what I don't want to become.

I want to life a long, healthy and happy life without a broke-down body interfering with my plans. I know there are no guarantees, and some things are just beyond our control, but I want to give myself the best shot I can! :flowerforyou:
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to be as healthy as possible as I head towards 50 and be around for a long and happy retirement with my family and maybe some grandchildren if I am lucky and I am going to need to be fit and healthy for the energy that is going to take !!
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My motivation came from a long time ago. When I was playing college baseball I used to run 5 miles every day at the same time and there was a young boy in a wheelchair who used to wait for me everyday and cheer me on. I told myself back then as long as I can do it I am going to exercise every day and my motivation is to do it for all those who want to but cant. Sometimes we lose sight of just how lucky we are to have the ability to do simple things that others dream about being able to do. :)

Strong motivator! We take things for granted. Being able to exercise is a gift.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Going to Mexico on April 27th.....can't wait
  • SpottyBunny
    Options
    My motivation is my family!! I want my 2 gorgeous daughter's to be proud of me when picking them up from school.I want to be a YUMMY MUMMY rather than a FRUMPY MUMMY!!!!!. I have only been doing this for just under a wk but I have to admit I'm feeling better in myself already, I have a kidney problem that leaves me in constant pain so I have struggled on other diets in the past but this seems more user friendly and I just hope I can stick with it!
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My health is...
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Not having to buy bigger cloths!!! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Strong motivator! We take things for granted. Being able to exercise is a gift.
    Love this!!