Second go

Options
Hi, I am not new to this, but I haven't really seriously used the app, I would like to get healthy, whatever weight that is for me feel better about myself and have more energy. I work full time and graveyard,and don't really have time during the day for exersize other then walking my dog.

Replies

• GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, it will take much longer without exercise, but surely you have time if you break it down into bits and pieces. Walk from the farthest point in the parking lot. Climb stairs rather than take an elevator. If you are sitting and can stand - stand. Vacuuming and other housework burns more calories than you might think. (I bought a heart rate monitor and discovered this). Do isometric exercises. Walk your dog faster - rather than as a stroll. Most people just stroll with their dogs but dogs need exercise too.

BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST: Understand that exercise WILL give you more energy. You will have more energy after rather than less energy. I found that exercise can stave off hunger for 3-4 hours even if I havn't had breakfast yet. I was very surprised to discover this. Now I am less likely to shy away from it. When you discover the joys of exercise, you will probably be able to find plenty of time in your day to invest in yourself.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    good post here, power walk the dog and it will really get your blood pumping. I said for years i didnt have time to exercise, now i make time and feel a billion times better for it. I am still naturally lazy, so today (sat) I got up early, power walked the dog in the snow and can now enjoy my day and be guilt free. you can do it, feel free to add me if you want support
  • cahalith
    Options
    It's Great advice, think you, I will see what habits I an rework.