A size down!

Options
Heather1776
Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
Today I went to get some new shorts since I'm lacking in that department. I took 10's and 8's into the dressing room. I tried the 8's first and to my surprise they all fit and I didn't have to touch the 10's! I didn't like the cut of them all, but I can fit into a size 8! I don't remember the last time I fit into an 8! Last week I got some new short sleeved shirts and was able to get mediums instead of larges! This is sooooo motivating and just what I needed.

I don't own a scale (and don't want one) so I haven't measured my success that way. I have been keeping track of my waist and hips measurements, but haven't seen a huge change. So, I've been tracking my progress by how my clothes are fitting. Clothes that were snug before fit great now or are getting too big! My ultimate goal is to be able to zip back into a bridesmaid dress I wore 7 years ago. I'm getting there, but clothes fitting better is great progress and it keeps me going!

Those that are stuck on weight remember there are other ways to measure your progress. The scale isn't always a good indication of your fitness level! Especially if you are including weight training with your exercise routine. Muscle weighs more than fat!!

Replies

• Prissymissy1984
    Options
    thats freaking fabulous!!!! I love when that happens = )
  • jmg_00
    jmg_00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! :flowerforyou:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yay for you! I don't own a scale either (although I do sometimes weigh myself at my parent's house) and judge my transformation by what I se in the mirror and how my clothes fit. I think that is a much better indicator of progress.
  • snobrdgrl
    Options
    Awesome news! What a great feeling!!
  • MorninSunshine
    Options
    Way to go! Just reading your experience motivates me to keep going! I was wearing 28 womens and now I am down to an 18/20. I can't believe how awesome it feels every time I try on something and find that I need a smaller size!!!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    That is awesome! I think that is a good idea on how to measure. I do weight myself once a week, but if I don't loose and my clothes are fitting better, i don't worry about it. Way to go!
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It does feel great!!!! Next month I'll try to tackle bathing suits! :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!