Vegetarian tasty noodle dishes?

Options
LOVE noodles but won't use fish sauce and a bit bored of just soy sauce with beansprout / veggie mix.
Has anyone got tasty ideas for noodle dishes? Will eat eggs but so high in cholesterol I don't want too many!!
Thanks!!!
Sarah x:happy:

Replies

• lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sesame oil is delicious to add to stir fry, and/or chilli sauce.

I've made cheats pad thai before, you just mix up peanut butter, lime, palm sugar (I used regular), soy and chilli to taste.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    peanut/cashew sauce.....ginger sauce....mango chili sauce.....
  • sabrina484
    sabrina484 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pesto....I love pesto. Just obviously use sparingly. Also have you tried just egg whites? Most of the cholesterol is in the yoke (if you're separating it yourself you could mix the yolk with olive oil and use it as a hair mask in the shower so you're not wasting the yokes - saw it on Pinterest, haven't tried it cause I buy whites in the carton, but it's a thought).
  • sazzledazzle78
    Options
    Wow, lovely ideas. Thanks! Ingredients I don't yet have but am going to get! Looking forward to trying these out and I LOVE pad thai!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Another gal on my friends list just got a "spiralizer" and makes fresh "pasta" from vegetables. I think it looks yummy.
  • monkeybuddha
    monkeybuddha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like to make a stir fry sauce with a little bit of rice wine, soy sauce, honey, chilli and lime juice. Add the rice wine separately and let it reduce a little and add the rest, pre-mixed to your taste. Super easy :)
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Try Pho soup with vegetble pho stock and rice noodles.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Thai red or green curry paste, block creamed coconut, peanuts.