Hi- New Member

Options
Hi Everyone.
Time to get serious about dropping pounds. I have never stuck to a program or diet for long and the weight is creeping up. I am 5'9 and 234 lbs. I have had serious life changes in the last year. Lost my husband after 30 yrs (I am 50), and now my job of 20 years is dissolving in about 6 months. That means interviewing for a job after all these years. I have noticed my energy level dropped and it is hard to feel good about my appearance. I know it didn't happen over night but I guess I just looked in the mirror and a light bub went on. I am new to the site and read your posts. They re very insightful and encouraging. You have to know you are not alone. Looking forward to posting to you all. GOOD LUCK !

Replies

• kayla2709
    kayla2709 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! This site is great and very supportive! I'd be happy to help support your journey. Sounds like you have had a rough patch! No time like the present! Keep positive and motivated and the world is your oyster at any stage!!
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! Today is a new beginning for you. First, my condolences on the loss of your husband. It sounds like you've had a rough time but now you need to take time for you. I'd be happy to have you as a friend. I'll send you a request if you'd like to accept it. This is a difficult journey but with the support of others we can all make it! :flowerforyou:
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Welcome Moya.

My heart goes out to you. Ive been through the same type of thing as you over the past few years.

Lost a child, parents broke up and lost my job. It feels as life is out to get you at times.

Im now 3 weeks into my new life, and getting back on track is the best thing ive done in years.

Head up, love yourself and keep moving. Eventually things do get better.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I've only been on here a week, and everyone has been super supportive. So, I speak for the masses when I say: "We're glad you came!" :smile:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good morning! MPF is a great site. Everyone is friendly, motivational and supportive. Welcome aboard!!
    Sorry to hear the loss of your husband.

Feel free to add me.

:flowerforyou:
  • moya2525
    moya2525 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement , I am just getting used to posting and I would love to accept you as a friend
  • moya2525
    Options
    Thanks so much. looking forward to the support and maybe even be able to give some :happy:
  • lolo641
    lolo641 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome , 1 day at a time , and before you know it !!!!!!
  • moya2525
    Options
    My condolences to you as well. You are right it is time to help ourselves. We will be fine !
  • AdrianPT
    Options
    hello all now this is such a problem to most they just cant seem to do it

.... why is it so hard

there are 3 part you need to understand when trying to be fit. 1) Training 2) Nutrition 3) Mentality

without all 3 you wont be able to succeed for all those who have trouble send a post

my Adrian a personal trainer and if you like i can guide you through until you reach that goal this summer is going to be a big difference
    if u want i can provide you with a great program which will leave you amazed and happy afterwards if you can look yourself in the mirror and decide you want to change then i will make that happen
    lets get fit for summer