Prepping for Girls Day Out

Options
Every two weeks (the weekends I have off) I usually have a girls day out...which either consists of mani/pedi and Mexican and margaritas or movie and Mexican and margaritas -- you see a theme here? LOL!

I have no desire to give up on my girls day out meal choice at this point. So I come humbly to all you marvelous way more experienced MFP users and friends --- what the heck do I order and how do I log it???? You can bet your sweetness I will be having one, maybe two margaritas, soooo. And yes, I am comfortable blowing my 1200 calories every 14 days to spend quality time with my girls!!!

Any suggestions would be MARVELOUS!!!
BTW-- please feel free to add me as a friend....I'm short on those!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Hiya. Feel free to add me as a friend! I always order fajitas but without the tortillas and sour cream.
  • darcyinmo
    darcyinmo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good Idea!!!!
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    It is really yummy. I also dont deny myself nachos n salsa. I put a handful on my plate and thats it.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Ummmm Skinny Girl margaritas or you might be blowing a lot more than 1200 calories on your meal and multiple drinks. If you can't get an SGM it might be time to start investigating other alcoholic drinks. Remember, you don't just pay for alcohol in calorie count. It slowers your metabolism for a period of time after so it's the calories plus the reduction in whatever you might've burned had you stuck to water.

Frozen Margaritas: 180 calories (all carbs) for a 4 oz serving. Considering the average margarita glass holds 12 oz you're looking at 540 calories. You said multiple so... 1080 plus dinner? Inquire about the size of the glasses?

A big problem for women is statistically we're more likely to underestimate what we eat and overestimate what we burn. Lock down what the meal is really costing you. If you still think it's worth it when you're 100% in the know then go for it.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a Mexican night out every week! Sometimes I get a margarita too. It has not ruined my effort to lose weight! I eat lighter that day and do an hour of hard cardio, and then I go and enjoy my favorite dinner ever! Who says you can't have a splurge a few times a month!?

I just do my best to guesstimate my calls, and drink as much water as I can the day of and a few days after. You'll be up a lb or two the next day but it's mostly water wgt and food in your belly! It'll move on in a few days! :)
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Usually when I go to Mexican restaurants they have some form of a 'lite' margarita. It usually involves lime juice and no sugar along with a couple of other modifications. If you let the waitress know your are trying to do a lighter drink she/he can probably help.

On the border, a Mexican chain restaurant near me has a drink that mimics a margarita for 100 calories.

Good luck, Have fun :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    It's not simply what the ingredients are but the serving sizes, could you share a meal with a girlfriend? Does the restaurant offer nutrition information or leaner options? Could you do something active instead of a sedentary day out?

I peeked at your profile and note that you you want to be healthy fit and energetic, but that is completely at odds with what is in your food diary. Did you really only have 630 calories yesterday or did you fail to log some meals? If you wish to stick to 1200 calories a day you should completely overhaul what you eat - at present I don't think you are meeting any of the healthy eating guidelines and your diet is deficient in a raft of nutrients.

You are not eating enough protein to maintain muscle mass, that combined with eating under your BMR will reduce your metabolism so that you could find your one day out negates all the hard work you feel you are doing in the week. Nutrients like calcium from dairy and omega-3s from oily fish have been linked in studies to reduced bodyfat, but many other nutrients are involved in energy production and the metabolism.

Sugary/ fatty/ processed/ junky foods should be a maximum of 10% of daily calories, if you want to 'save' that up for a fortnightly blowout go ahead, but be sure you are eating clean the other thirteen days - nine servings of fruit and veg, three of reduced fat dairy, oily fish regularly, plenty of mineral and fibre rich foods. I assume your diet soda is there to provide artificial energy in the form of caffeine, this can peak and trough your blood glucose and messes with sleep quality, you might consider scaling this back.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks? You got to live life. Just be good for the rest of the week and enjoy your day. Just because its there doesn't mean you have to eat everything in sight...part of long term weight loss and lifestyle is learning how to eat and how to moderate everything.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Enjoy yourself. Eat and exercise as well as you can on the surrounding days, and that day leading up to the event. Remember that your meal will be very sodium-heavy, so try to avoid sodium the rest of the day, so you don't overdo it with that.

Lots of restaurants' menu items are listed on here in the food lists. If yours isn't, you can be fairly close by just choosing a similar item from another restaurant's menu. Or Google if your place has a nutrition menu posted somewhere on their own website and you can enter it on here. But you do have to log it!!

Have fun, and have a drink for me!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks? You got to live life. Just be good for the rest of the week and enjoy your day. Just because its there doesn't mean you have to eat everything in sight...part of long term weight loss and lifestyle is learning how to eat and how to moderate everything.

Completely agree with this. Although I have to say that I don't drink margaritas anymore. The 500+ calories per drink is never worth it to me. I have a Corona light with lime instead and it still does the trick! But yeah, if you go out for Mexican once every two weeks and eat really well the rest of the time, get what you want. Chances are, eventually you might not even want the really unhealthy stuff because you're so used to eating well. I used to get a chimichanga (deep fried burrito) covered with spicy queso sauce. I haven't even wanted since I started eating better because it would probably make me feel terrible these days, haha.