Low engergy!

Options
I often feel very fatigued. I also tend to feel foggy headed and have a slight headache. I get plenty of sleep. I have had a ton of tests and the doctors say that I don't have iron definciency, thyroid issues, or diabetes. My exhaustion does not seem to have any correlation to the number of calories i eat or the amount of exercise I do. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Are there any specific foods or supplements that seem to have helped?

Replies

• SweetCharity
    Options
    Maybe it's not the number of calories, but WHAT you're eating. What kind of things do you eat before your workout?
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt or a banana and some nuts before I work out.
  • bethann_1226
    Options
    I was experiencing something similar and I realized that I was relying on caffine to keep me awake! It took me a few weeks to get out of the habit of drinking three or more pepsis a day, but when I did, I found that I had more energy then I was normally used to :)
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Are you drinking enough?

Do you maybe have an allergy?
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may not be drinking enough water. I had the same symptoms for a long time then i read about people being dehydrated and not realizing it and knew that was my problem. I still don't drink water as much as I should, but I try to get in 8 cups a day most days.

If that doesn't help you may want to try a vitamin b12 supplement or upping your protein.
  • firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Options
    B12 deficiency?
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology daily and it has boosted my energy tremendously. It is all natural, made from whole food ingredients and has no caffeine.
    Risa