Is anyone out there 5'8" and a size 12?

I would like to some motivation.
I'm 5'8" and i'm hoping to get down to a size 12.
I would like to see what that would look like.
I think it would look good, and would like to see how it would look.
Google isn't very helpful in this matter.
x

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    I would like to some motivation.
    I'm 5'8" and i'm hoping to get down to a size 12.
    I would like to see what that would look like.
    I think it would look good, and would like to see how it would look.
    Google isn't very helpful in this matter.
    x

UK 12 or US 12 (or Aus 12, come to that)
  • mshopey
    mshopey Posts: 125 Member
    UK 12. Thanks, I forgot to mention that xx
  • nikkiellie01
    nikkiellie01 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi
    Im a uk 12 and 5'8
    I have 1 full length photo in my profile if u would like to add me :)
  • shannonturnage
    shannonturnage Posts: 1 Member
    Well, not so much. I recently got to size 14 at that height. I found the closer I get to the size I want to be, I have to either reduce my calories or increase my excercise. It's a struggle, especially when everyone around you tells you that you have to eat more...grr. It takes time. You'll get there.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Check this out http://www.mybodygallery.com/ It shows you people your height and weight and you can see the differences and where you might be when you hit your goal weight x
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

This link is fantastic. You can search height, weight, size, etc. to find woman who look like that. It can help visualize goals but also give women who may have body dysmorphia a better idea of how they look. Obviously body fat makes a difference, but clothing size helps compensate for that.

I'm just about the size you are looking for but none of my pics are current! In the bathing suit picture on my profile I was about 10 pounds heavier, I think, and not yet wearing any 10s.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Nevermind. I see you replied at a UK12.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    I'm not sure what the difference is between a US 12 and a UK 12.

I JUST got into 10's this past fall so I'm a US 10, but I'm pretty sure I still look like I did when I was a 12.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Check this out http://www.mybodygallery.com/ It shows you people your height and weight and you can see the differences and where you might be when you hit your goal weight x

Awesome site....thanks for posting
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member

That is awesome...It gave me a good bit more of motivation. Its amazing how only 20 pounds can totally change your body!
  • NudlBea
    NudlBea Posts: 20 Member
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/ <
    that's awesome!! Only now I think I should aim losing even more weight than I originally thought, eeeeekkkk!!!:frown:
  • NudlBea
    NudlBea Posts: 20 Member
    hahaha I love how u say "only 20 pounds"!! hahaha
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    I'm not sure what the difference is between a US 12 and a UK 12.

I JUST got into 10's this past fall so I'm a US 10, but I'm pretty sure I still look like I did when I was a 12.

A US 12 is a UK 16. A UK 12 is a US 8. It's a big difference.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    <<<<< I'm 5'7" uk size 10 so pretty close
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    I'm 5"8 and a size 10/12.

Have a nosey at my profile pic - this is my most recent!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm 5'8", 27, and have 2 kids. I currently weigh 144 and wear a us size 7/8 (some brands 5/6). Some of these were pictures I took for my 8 week Turbofire results and I weighed 149 then (2 weeks ago). I weighed 235 during both pregnancies and was still 215 when my youngest was over a year old in Nov 2009 when I decided to take control of my health and lose the weight. It took me about 6 months to lose 55lbs and I had maintained around 160 ever since. I kind of fell off the exercise and healthy eating wagon about 9 months ago though and was just feeling run down and looking flabby. I started an amazing workout program called Turbofire on 11/12/12 and have lost 17 lbs and toned up all over.
    Good luck on your health and fitness journey! :flowerforyou:

j5fgjc.png

290528.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    My profile picture is a recent picture of myself and I currently wear a US size 8 or 10 (depending on the store), which I think is the same as a UK size 12. I'm 5'7 though.
    Hoping to make it to a size 5 again :)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Wow...you look amazing!! I've had two kids as well and I would love to look as good as you do
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    I'm 5'6 1/2 and an American size 12
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    I'm 5'8" and wear a U.S. size 8.