Being Realistic

I would love to drop about 20 lbs, but I am more focused on losing inches rather than pounds because I am very muscular so I always try to take that into consideration.

So here's where I need help. I just cannot seem to make reasonable goals! Is losing an inch a week realistic? If not, what is?
Lately, I've been eating about 3,000 calories a day, if not more. Not my best decision, but obviously I'm trying to change. I exercise like crazy but I know abs are revealed in the kitchen so I just need to put the fork down. So let's say I reduce my calorie intake to less than 2,000 everyday. Is that a realistic plan? And how effective will it be?

Please help me out here, folks! I'm ready for a change!!

Replies

• hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    We need more information. Height, weight, age, activity level, etc so we can figure out what a BMR and TDEE might be for you. And where are you hoping on losing an inch? Hips, waist, thighs, chest, shoulders? It is reasonable to lose an inch in those areas within a week. But you can't pick where, your body will decide and sometimes it's just all over in small amounts.
  • awesomest4
    awesomest4 Posts: 6 Member
    Haha wow I guess I didn't realize that I provided virtually no information!

I'm 5' 4" about 150 lbs. I'm actually still pretty small though, size 2-4. I'm very muscular and have an athletic build because I did a lot of sports in high school. I start every morning with 30 minutes of cardio, do about 3 hours of whatever intense workout I can in the afternoon, and end my day with either strength training or stretching.

I'm 20 and have type 1 diabetes and hypothyroidism so my metabolism isn't the best.

I want to lose inches in my waist/stomach area because that seems to be where all my fat is stored. Everywhere else is pure muscle. That's why I feel like if I just eat less, it'll come right off because I'm sure a lot of it is just bloating from over-eating.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    30 minutes of cardio, 3 hours of intense workout, and strength training or stretch? Are you sure 3000 cal isn't already a caloric deficit? In any case, I'd lower your calories by about 500 and observe the results after a week or two of consistency. I don't think dropping 1/3 of your calories with all that activity and your muscular build would be the best way to go.