Calories

Options
Does anyone know if I am allowed 1700 calories a day, can I use those calories any way I want, and still loose weight? Is there good calories and bad calories?

Replies

• wintergirl99
    Options
    Of course there are good and bad calories, a 90 calorie salad (3 cups of romaine=30, 6" cucumber=35, 5 carrots=25) is much better than a special k bar (90). Its all about balance and still feeling full.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever u want and u will probably still lose weight, but if you eat healthier foods you can eat a lot more during the day and you will be a lot less hungry. i used to eat whatever i wanted, but i found that if i ate whatever i wanted i always ended up going over because i was always still hungry. now i eat healthier and i'm full throughout the day and i can pretty much eat whenever because i still have a lot of calories. my favorite thing to eat is a quick taco salad. i warm up 1/2 cup of refried beans in the bottom of a bowl.. then i add 3 cups lettuce, 2-3 tbs. of salsa, 1/8 cup of cheese, and some taco bell hot sauce and it keeps me full forever!!

btw it's only 246 calories, maybe even less if you used fat free refried beans! i only had regular ones.
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    It's all a matter of what makes you feel full longer. Just like the previous post, she had said a Rice Crispy bar= 90 cals. And it's a very small bar. But you can use that 90 calories in better ways. EG. Weight Watchers Bread. 1 slice= 50 cals,1 tomato Slice= 9 cals. Fat free Schneiders turkey slice.= 20 cals. Half a tablespoon of 1/2 fat Hellmans mayonaise= 22 cals. Having a small sandwich = 99 cals. A larger portion meal. The turkey is high in protein and will help to keep feeling full a bit longer.
    ADVICE, Get off pasta! It has to be the worst for you! EXTREMLY HIGH IN CALORIES! And you don't get much for the amount of calories it allows.
    Well best of luck and make healthy choices!
  • Desiderata
    Options
    doesn't matter how many carbs/fats/proteins you have a day, as long as you are under or within your calorie range ..(and youre exercising).. you'll still lose weight.

doesn't make it right though.. ;)