Made a bad decision.

Options
I had 1 cup of lo-mein noodles this morning that the girlfriend made last night. I wasn't able to eat it last night because it would have put me over my calorie limit for that day.

I made the mistake of eating it this morning.. 1 cup is 230 calories. Since that's all I ate, I've been craving bad foods, I ALMOST opened a can of black olives to snack on, but I got my head right and picked up an apple instead, and a water.
I'm not really craving right now, but I worry that it will come back since I didn't eat a full filling breakfast..

What do I do? I don't want to binge. I refuse to let myself binge, I will starve myself before that happens.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing the right things right now. Trigger foods take time to identify sometimes (took me several months previous to MFP - and a couple of weeks after - to realize that sweet kid's cereal is a food that just sends me spiraling). If you're still fighting, find a way to eat some more, healthily if possible. Sometimes we just have random hungry days. Bodies are weird like that.
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We all make a few bad decisions... the thing is to pick yourself back up and not let it get you down.

You seem like your in the right frame of mind though, If you are feeling hungry try go for lower calorie foods... fill up on fruit or salad.

Stay strong!
  • coreymoore1990
    Options
    Thanks guys. I actually stopped craving now, which is good.
    I just hate days like this . lol
  • oddberry
    Options
    You're not alone in your weakness but the fact that you recognized it says a lot about your growth. We all stumble and we all fall..the difference is the ones that get back up and keep going!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    it happens! yesterday i chugged a can of this sparkling water stuff in a can and then read the label and it was 180 calories! i almost spit it out lol. live and learn. move on. get something in your body that is going to help you not be hungry for several hours. even if it puts you over your calorie limit. it will ease your mind that you were able to move on and make a better choice come dinner time. if your in that snacky binge mood, keep doing what you did and grab an apple or fruit. if you have the time today, do some kinda exercise. go for a walk or if you have equipment in your house, use that?
  • jillthrasher
    jillthrasher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone has been there, days like this are tough. If cravings kick in again, get yourself something like celery to munch on. Guilt free, and satisfies the desire to snack.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Is that all you had for breakfast? I don't know what the other nutrients are but if that's all you had, it's no wander you were craving food.

I also believe that you shouldn't deprive yourself of foods you love. You just have to have the right portion.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I echo the others - if it's any consolation this morning by 6am I had already had cereal(good cereal for fiber) and half a pint of vanilla frozen yogurt(that was the not-so-good part). For me I needed protein so I had some lean meat come 11 but meeting my wife later for late lunch... so my target may be tough for today - So easy to get derailed!

Just move forward... it's not a straight line this process, but for most of us, if you keep exercising and generally eating healthfully then the occasional stray moment will just become a hiccup on the road to glory (or something like that :)

If you're really stressin' about this, you could also take a jog or run or do some jumping jacks to burn off some calories, don't starve yourself though!

I am coming to realize after committing in April 2012 to health and for the most part sticking with it, that there will be those moments, holidays, etc... and sometimes I want to enjoy those things... I guess it's just being a little vigilant about things like bingeing or how many of those moments are happening in relation to how much exercise you are getting in.

Hope you enjoy the weekend.
    Erik
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in deprivation. I don't like diets that say you can't have something. If it was something you really want, then eat it, but you just have to factor it in your total daily calories. If I see something I want, I have to make the decision right then as to whether I want to use it toward my total calories - if the answer is yes, then I have it. I think having the noodles is find and then you had an apple and water after - good move.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    One bad decision won't derail you.
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    I need protein at every meal. If all I eat are carbs, then I am starving within an hour. And then I crave more carbs. Puts me in a bad spiral. I would suggest adding some protein in as soon as it is time for you to eat again. Maybe next time you nosh some noodles, throw some chicken on the side. :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You need to go and stand by the kettle, boil it. Drink 3 cups of hot water - you will need to add a bit of cold water. This will fill your tummy and also wash that crXp out of your system.

One bad decision does not make a WHOLE BAD DAY.

Chin up!