You should get Kettleworx!

Options
Was just looking for posts on kettleworx, there hasnt been any for ages. Just thought id share with you how good it is!
Im only on my 3rd week so no pics but my body is feeling tighter and fitter!
Its only a 25 min workout 3 times a week, theres so many of them and they are called different names but most work more than just said, i have cardio, core, resistance, butts and hips and arms and shoulders. theres also about 4-5 more.
They are intense, they burn more than i thought they would do, i have hrm so i know what im burning i used to do zumba for an hour and burn same amount of cals. though its not actually all about burning cals, its toning your body into shape.
Theres so many different moves in just one routine, you can always feel it (the pain) day after.
I have a adjustable kettlebell which is 3-7kg, im only 4kg atm, i'm going to change it to 5kg for next 3 weeks.
after the 6 weeks is done, i'm going to choose one out of 3 ive already done and add it with my 2 other ones.
honestly you will look forward to doing it every time, even though its tough its such a fab workout.

Replies

• rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've just bought the dvd's and done my first workout this morning - i'm already feeling it in my legs, so think tomorrow might be a bit sore lol

I got a 5lb weight with the set so i'll see how i get on - hoping that as its only 20 mins x3 a week i'll stick at it!

Good luck!
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Can I use dumbbell?
  • CaRaMelKiSSes514
    CaRaMelKiSSes514 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I"m interested in kettleworx...where did you get the DVD and the kettleworx from?
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I"m interested in kettleworx...where did you get the DVD and the kettleworx from?

Hi,

I live in the UK - Argos had special offer of 6 dvd's, kettlebell and nutrition cd for £50, but i know you can get a larger set online for arounf £100! I opted for the smaller set to see how i got on doing the exercises!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I borrowed the DVDs from a friend - but to be honest I did not like them. They got too repetitive (it seemed like a small number of sections cut and paste into a routine).

I tried IronCore and enjoyed it much more - felt more like the instructor was teaching me.

But I agree that kettlebells are an excellent workout tool. Its probably some kind of optical illusion but whenever I use kettlebells for a few weeks my core always seems tighter and my trousers a bit looser!
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    no, needs to be a kettlebell and theres argos, kettleworx site and amazon all sell the dvds, theres 3 main ones then theres about 8-9 different ones for certain parts of your body.
  • XFreckle_LipX
    XFreckle_LipX Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I borrowed the DVDs from a friend - but to be honest I did not like them. They got too repetitive (it seemed like a small number of sections cut and paste into a routine).

I tried IronCore and enjoyed it much more - felt more like the instructor was teaching me.

But I agree that kettlebells are an excellent workout tool. Its probably some kind of optical illusion but whenever I use kettlebells for a few weeks my core always seems tighter and my trousers a bit looser!

I would def agree with this. I bought the set from argos as did a colleague and a friend and we all seem to agree that the dvds consist mainly of copy and past. I am on my 2nd week and am finding it frustrating listening to him repeat himself. I think for the amount it cost it is definitely not worth it. The kettlebell is a great workout and I am going to continue the dvd out but I have joined a class in my gym and hope to continue with that once I finish the dvds.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do the videos a couple times a week but at this point I have jsut started using the same moves a tthe gym using much heavier KBs. Also, he has a fitness group page on FB.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-Shanahan-Workout-Group/151228334949232?ref=ts&fref=ts

He does a sign up for live workouts over the internet...pretty awesome! If you are tired of the repedative videos but love the workouts themselves...check out his live workouts.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've been using kettlebells for a while now and borrowed a copy of Kettleworx. I think there are far better workouts available, even for free on the internet.
    Instead of Kettleworx, get a decent weight and spend some time learning proper form. Then start swinging. Forget the silly stuff, as swings, clean and jerks, windmills, etc. will give you a more than adequate full-body workout.
    I use a 40 pounder for strength training and a 20 pounder for cardio/circuit training. I'm starting my wife off with a 10 pound bell.