Stomach bigger in evening than Morning

Options
My stomach is a lot flatter (flatter not flat!) when I wake up in the morning than by the end of the day. It sticks out so much in the evening. Is this normal?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Gas? Do you have a wheat or dairy allergy?
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I but I have been wondering about ibs lately. I wonder if it's related.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    When you awake in the morning, you haven't eaten in anywhere from 8-12 hours, so all that food has moved through your system. In the evening, after a day of eating, there's food in various stages of digestion througout your system. Food takes up space, so yes, it's normal for your stomach and abdomen to be fuller in the evening.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Normal, you're carrying a 2-5lb food baby. Congrats!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Maybe more food in the stomach and intestines in the evening? Maybe gas? Maybe your ab muscles aren't strong and all night they haven,t had to work much so are held better in the morning or you do crunches in your sleep so they are feeling tight in the morning but throughout the day are not supporting.. Wow, that was totally far fetched out of a rabbit's hat...LOL

Lift weights. That seems to be the MFP answer to looser abs.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is me 100%

It's the food baby and or gas. Usually mine goes down a bit after going to the bathroom a lot in the morning. Black coffee helps, I find.
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks, glad it is normal!
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    I was just noticing that this morning! But two weeks of going to the gym would not make my abs look THAT great already.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I get that some days.. It is, as the others have said, a food baby. Bloating sucks.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is why we always take measurments in the morning!
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mmm-hmmm. Yup its food and or gas. I get the same too.:-)
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That's because you eat. Presumably.
  • rockymtnlove
    Options
    that happens to most people..
  • ctbloom
    ctbloom Posts: 23
    Options
    Actually, it's really simple. Water weight. while you drink through the day, your body retains it and while you sleep, your body depletes it. It's nothing bad or anything of that sort. Just how your body functions. Your body tends to be "Dry" in the morning as opposed to the evening because of this effect. It's the same reason you weigh more at night than you do in the morning. Hope this helped

P.S. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD AVOID DRINKING WATER! DRINK A TONNNNNN!
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what I eat, this happens pretty much every day to me. To a lot of people actually.

http://amys40poundchallenge.tumblr.com/post/39402598272/letsgetfit-2013-this-is-so-good-to-see