when should i weigh myself?

Options
i just got a scale yesterday and i was wondering when is the best time to measure yourself since a person's weight usually varies throughout the day,i would also like to know when to take the tape measurements too,i found out my waist measurement in the evening usually varies from my waist measurement in the morning by about a +0.5inches.thanks in advance for your advise:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week in the morning right after getting out of bed and going pee. The goal is to make everything as constant as possible. A full urinary bladder will add 1.7 pounds to my scale! Clothes can make a difference too.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I just bought a new digital scale-I weigh in the morning 1st thing-everything off! don't want any extra clothes to add to my pounds!!!-LOL
  • sharimwilliamson
    sharimwilliamson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    main thing is same time of day in same type of clothing. Including clothes weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs or more a day.
  • Absandok23
    Absandok23 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree, first thing in the morning, no clothes, after you use the restroom. I weigh in once a week and measure once a month.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A full urinary bladder will add 1.7 pounds to my scale!

OMG that's amazing (1) that you weighed yourself pre- and post-pee to figure that out and (2) that your bladder holds that much. Haha
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Always in the morning! Always at the same time. Always on the same scale
  • soberstudent
    Options
    i always do it after i get up :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    main thing is same time of day in same type of clothing. Including clothes weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs or more a day.

I've been weighing myself in my nutritionist's office every other week at 4PM. I wear the same lightweight outfit and take off my shoes. Also, I don't exercise before my weigh-in day because you tend to hold water.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after I pee, naked, while thinking light thoughts.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replies
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree, first thing in the morning, no clothes, after you use the restroom. I weigh in once a week and measure once a month.

i will try to adopt this! haha,i hope i can cz i find myself taking my measurement once my eyes sees my tape.lol