New member- Need advice

Options
Hi I am Ladonna or Killeen_bride2be on here lol. I am 25 5'6 and 164lbs, I am getting married around the 30th of July, I am hopeing to loose 20-30lbs before then or at least look like I have lol. I have a treadmill and have been working out on it doing 30min of running/walking and 30min of HILT but none of it is seeming to work. I need help. please!! What would you recomend for me to loose what I need to loose?

Replies

• starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5"6 as well and 29. I weigh 154 btu back in Nov when I started working out hard core and really watching what I ate, I was in the 180's. I just joined here 2 weeks ago and so far I like it. I got to the gym about 4-5 times a week doing circuit training for about 25 min and then cardio Elliptical, stair stepper, bike) for 35-60 min. I found the elliptical burns more calories than the bike or treadmill. What is HILT?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hi there! The first thing you can do it look at what you are eating. Make sure you have enough protein and fruits and veggies in your diet. Also, you don't want to eat less than 1200 calories in a day (more if you exercise) so that you don't go into starvation mode and stop losing weight. MFP will set a calorie goal for you and it should work if you stick to that and eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Running is a great way to burn fat, so I definitely suggest keeping that up, and maybe increase the amount of exercise you do weekly. Also, drink plenty of water! It definitely helps to get 8 8-oz glasses a day. Other than that, congrats on the wedding and I'm sure you'll do great! Feel free to add me as a friend for some encouragement :)
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Hilt is where you go really fast for 2 min to get your heart rate and metabolism to it's max then slow it down to a slow walk for 2 min to recover and then do it again from the start for like a total of 18min
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The best advise I can give is "SLOW & STEADY" you have plenty of time you've around 70 day's to lose the weight that's about ONLY about 3lbs a week, More than doable. Keep up all the good excersise (Don't kill yourself) DRINK your water (when you get hungry) KEEP a sensible diet (right now quit eating all junk food and soda) get on this site daily and keep track. The people here are the BEST they'll keep you motivated and sure of yourself. Hopefully your stay in contact with me but if not get back to me when your about 10 day's away from your deadline. Since I started this site in early march (about 40 day's ago) i've lost 24 pounds and it was no trouble doing it with no suffering.