Laws In Science

Options
In science, BOTH theories AND laws could be shown to be wrong at some time if there are data to suggest it. THERE IS NO HEIRARCHY WHATSOEVER between theories and laws in science.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    In science, BOTH theories AND laws could be shown to be wrong at some time if there are data to suggest it. THERE IS NO HEIRARCHY WHATSOEVER between theories and laws in science.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Laws are so incredibly robust that any time there is evidence that they are "wrong" it is actually due to error on the scientist's part or that there is another factor at play that was not considered.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Me thinks thou dost Troll too much.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Theories + lots of time = laws.

Science never discounts the possibility of being wrong. They can, however, make very educated guesses about things they have been right about for awhile.
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Theories + lots of time = laws.

Science never discounts the possibility of being wrong. They can, however, make very educated guesses about things they have been right about for awhile.

WRONG

THEORIES AND LAWS ARE DIFFERENT ANIMALS YOU UNEDUCATD FOOL. THEY ARE DIFFERENT ANIMALS THAT SERVE DIFFERENT ROLES.
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

Laws are so incredibly robust that any time there is evidence that they are "wrong" it is actually due to error on the scientist's part or that there is another factor at play that was not considered.

THEORIES AND LAWS ARE DIFFERENT ANIMALS. THERE IS NO HEIRARCHY WHATSOEVER.

A LAW CAN CHANGE JUST AS EASILY.

THEY SERVE DIFFERENT ROLES.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

I don't think you understand the difference between theory and scientific theory. They're not the same, you know.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand the difference between theory and scientific theory. They're not the same, you know.

This.
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

YOU IDIOT. I UNDERSTAND FAR BETTER YOU DO, IN FACT.

SCIENTIFIC THEORIES HAVE A LOT OF EVBIDENCE.

HOWEVER, THEORIS AND LWS ARE DIFFERENT ANIMALS THAT SERVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES

LAWS DESCRIBE THEORIES EXPLAIN

THERE IS NO HEIRARCHY WHATSOEVER.

HE INTERNET MORONS BUTCHER THIS MEANING.
  • SvenMagnusson
    Options
    You people are completely uneducated idiots.

IN SCIENCE, LAWS ARE NOT , NOT, NOT "IMMUTABLE. " THAT IS NOT EVEN A PROPERTY OF A LAW, YOU IDIOTS.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I don't even understand the purpose of this thread?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    OP is either trolling hard or desperately crying out for attention - not sure which.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    OP is either trolling hard or desperately crying out for attention - not sure which.

OP is gone.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    33636551.jpg
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

OP is gone.
    *sigh of relief* That was bizarre.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is Troll! :glasses:

Just deactivated his/her account.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Gravity is just a theory afterall....
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

I'll take "both" for 300, Alex.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

OP is gone.
    *sigh of relief* That was bizarre.

Very. :ohwell:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    33636551.jpg

Nooooooooooo?
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    my theory is that he broke the all caps law