Hello!

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm just introducing myself - seeing if anyone is in the same boat as I am :)

I'm 22 years old. I just graduated from college and I am looking to make some healthier changes in my life/diet. No more late night take out or guzzling beer :P

I'm 164lbs 5'6" and already pretty active. I enjoy zumba, running and a class called body pump (hour long strength training).
I am looking for people like me, looking to lose 15-20 lbs to support one another/look to for motivation.

I plan to browse around and I wish everyone luck!

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You won't believe the difference it will make just by recording your the food you eat. It is shocking how bad prepared food out is. I had been going to the gym since January, but not noticing any changes until we started using this site one month ago. I started out at 156.8 lbs. I was 151 lbs this morning. There are SO many people on here, I am sure you will find people like you. :flowerforyou:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm 23, graduated last May and took a little longer to get my health back on track after graduation so congrats on getting to it right away! I'm 5'4", got to 174 at my heaviest, currently at 156 and looking to drop 15-20 more.

I'll add you :-)
  • newbierun14
    newbierun14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm similar as well! Graduated college last may and am really working hard to drop the 20-25 lbs I've put on since starting college! This website is great for tracking food and exercise has a great community.

I think it's all about making the decision to do it. A month ago I wouldn't even consider enjoying running, and now I'm running my first official 5k in less than a month!

You can do it!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and looking to loose 10-20 more pounds. I have already lost 25-30 since Nov and just looking to tighten up and loose that last of the stubborn weight. I was 140-145 in high school and would LOVE to get back to that again. Funny, back then I thought I was too heavy and now that's what I am aiming to be at, lol. Godo luck to all. Feel free to add me. I have been on here for about 2 weeks now and today is my 2nd weigh day. I am trying to do it every Wednesday. I went to college and know all too well how all the late night snacking and drinking can take a toll on you. I continued that life style for 3 years after graduating college. Had fun doing it, but trying to get healthy again and back into some cute, smaller clothes!