Refuse to post your profice pic?

Options
How many of you DON'T post pictures of yourself? And why?

I'll post after I've lost 25 lbs...not before. I prefer to keep my progress pics to myself.

Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the head shots... I won't post a body shot until I lose more though
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to, and I completely understand it. I didn't have a MFP account when I was losing, but if I did, I wouldn't have posted the real me because I was very uncomfortable in my skin. Some people want to remain as anonymous as possible. Others post ultimate goals.

Whatever gets us motivated is ok.
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do post regular photos of myself...I have posted one full shot with a side by side--of course, fully dressed! I was excited to see that I could FINALLY notice a difference in how I looked. That was last summer I think! Now, I woudln't until I reach my ultimate goal!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't join MFP until I'd been losing weight for a year, so I don't mind posting photos. Maybe if i'd joined after I had my baby I might not have posted photos, or at least not full body ones. Although I did have a few flattering ones!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I want to remain somewhat anonymous, although Valerie is my real name, but I might change that too at some point. I used to have a real picture of myself up, but took it down and put up this hot chick instead. I didn't realize the reprocussions of that would be to get waaaaaaaay too many friend requests from people who think this is me and that I'm hot. Kind of annoying. I'm on another internet forum that's completely anonymous and it's a regular thing to have an avatar pic up of someone who isn't you, so that is just normal to me. Either not normal on this site or people just don't think through their assumptions. I have a real pic of me to be viewable by friends only.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    privacy
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Howyoudoin valeriek92...

uhmm never mind...

That is why...:flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Because I work in Database Security (lame words: we fight ze bad hackerz) and I know what can be done with little pieces of infos online

Besides, I feel better being Hulk!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I had one up I got bored of it..don't have that many of me as I never allowed them when I was at my heaviest. I also like to play around with different things..the small things amuse me in life..lol
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just really like wine.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    privacy

Yep. I don't post unblurred face pics ever. Anywhere online.

I had a really scary moment when I took a pic of myself and a picture of my great grandma sitting by the mirror was included. The software I was cropping the photo with zoomed on her black and white grainy face and asked 'Who is this?' It was basically offering to use facial recognition software to find more pics of her online I guess!

Creepy.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    who says i'm not really a cat?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a person who will share nothing irl and almost anything within the anonymity of the interwebs. I will not post pics of myself because I share way more on the Internet than I want anyone irl to know.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If people don't want to show themselves I wish they'd at least put a cute animal pic on there :|
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to be afraid to post mine because some of the people on this site can be a little harsh, and I was worried about criticism.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I disconnected my Facebook shortly after using this because I was so embarrassed at all my "fat photos". Now I have it back after joining a running group and love the pics of me!! It's more the way I want to look and I look like a healthy happy person. It was really hard especially since NONE of my family is overweight.
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is why I posted my WII MII. IT looks quite a lot like me, but its not a photo of me. Maybe once I lose a lot, then I will put pics up.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    If people don't want to show themselves I wish they'd at least put a cute animal pic on there :|

that's my schtick on another more anonymous internet forum. i didn't want to mix the two.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    privacy

Agree!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I post mine because I want to be held accountable...plus I'm proud of how much weight I've lost and I've worked hard for my current progress.