Finally weigh less than hubby!

Options
Having my 20th anniversary next month and my goal is to be below 200 by then. Started 2 years ago at 258 and I am just past the 50 lb mark. Just found this app in December and I am stepping everything up this year and it is really helping, but being below my husband on the scale makes me feel awesome!

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Having my 20th anniversary next month and my goal is to be below 200 by then. Started 2 years ago at 258 and I am just past the 50 lb mark. Just found this app in December and I am stepping everything up this year and it is really helping, but being below my husband on the scale makes me feel awesome!

Way to go!! I had a similar goal. Our 20th was this past Jan. 2nd. I didn't lose all of the weight I wanted to in time for our anniversary but I do now weigh less than my husband who by the way is taller than me and a stick. He's 167 and I'm now 165. When we got on the scale this morning we did a high five afterwards. :laugh: Oh the joy! lol So I know exactly how you feel. Doing the happy dance with you to burn a few more calories :happy: OH and happy anniversary!!:flowerforyou:
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    You are doing great Peggy!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Peggy! My name is Peggy too. :happy:
  • peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, my hubby isn't exactly slim but I wouldn't say fat, he is a firefighter so he is fit but more than he should be, but hey I will take it! Nice to meet you Peggy.
  • MandyJokl
    MandyJokl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been married 25 years and always weighed more than my husband . we have both put weight on over the years but up to a couple of years ago I weighed 45 pounds more than him . as of this morning I am 4 pounds heavier than him . I still have 101 pounds to lose so we are both very overweight . I told him that by my birthday in March I'm going to weigh less than him! he reckons he is going to lose weight so I won't . he has lost about ten pounds in the last year as I have been cooking healthier foods but he eats some junk food at lunch times . it's a win win situation as if I can't catch him up cos he is losing weight I get a fitter healthier husband and if I do catch him up I am so going be able to mock him!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, as that is one of my medium term goals, as well!

Congratulations!!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    This is one of my goals too. :D My husband is in the Army, and although he's not as fit as he once was, he's still a stick and only five inches taller than me. My goal is to get to a point where I weigh less than him again, like I did when we got married. :)
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this. DH weighed more then me when we first hooked up, but over the years, I put it on and he dropped. In about 10 lbs i'll be less then him for the first time in probably 12 years. Its the little thing sometimes that makes one smile :)
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To weigh less than my husband is one of my goals too. He's somewhere in the 180-190 range...and I started out (before I joined MFP) at 253.2... last week I weighed in at 215.8.... so I have a ways to go!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'd weigh less than my hubby by now... except that he joined MFP too and has lost twenty pounds. So I weigh less than he *used* to weigh...
  • peggy822
    Options
    LOL We should start a group just for us girls that made it our goal to weigh less than our men.,, thought I was the only one! so glad I have some others in the same boat.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Congrats!

My husband and I have always been close in weight, but I gained (and held onto) 40+ pounds during my pregnancies so spent the past few years weighing much more than him. I'm now about 2-3lbs. above him now and can't wait to finally weigh less again! Hopefully in the next month I'll be posting that victory!
  • peggy822
    Options
    Can't wait to see that post!