Fitness DVD

Options
Can anyone recommend a good fitness dvd, I dont do gyms and as I work 12 1/2 hr shifts, cant always be bothered to go a brisk walk after work. I do have a physical job though, rushing round a ward all day :happy:

Replies

• Rachelmcisaac
    Options
    Do you have sky with the fitness and active channels on living? If so I scan thru next few days, record a few, then can do the workouts, fast forward on the ads, and do a variety of different classes.. If no sky clubland workout with Deane berry is fab.
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't have sky but will have a look for the dvd, thank you Rachel :smile:
  • DarkAngelofDespair
    DarkAngelofDespair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Rosemary Conley's Fat Attack DVD is a pretty good one as well. :)
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you DA :)
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you like fun workouts, I suggest Turbo Jam. That's how I got started with fitness many years ago. I finally found a workout that I looked forward to doing every single day. It doesn't require a huge amount of space or equipment and each workout has a modifier that shows you how to burn lots of calories without your feet ever leaving the ground. TJ is a Beachbody product but you can find it on Amazon or ebay.
  • QuirkyRedhead
    Options
    I really like the JIllian Michaels DVD's. Yes, they are hard, but she modifies so there is an easier and hard version. They last about 30 minutes and you get a really good workout. I've built a ton of muscle and really it's a $10 DVD and set of weights. I alternate those workouts with running and basketball. I've definitely built up stamina. I really enjoy her kickboxing video, but it's super fast pace because it's literally a 20 minute work out from start to finish. I've heard the biggest loser DVD's are a nice starter workout. Sometimes you can find segments of the videos posted online, you can check them out before you buy one.
  • Leanalgreen
    Leanalgreen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is actually what I was going to recommend as well. My wife does TurboFire, but TJ is a little less intense and would probably be perfect for you. Beachbody also has one called Slim in Six.
  • DarkAngelofDespair
    DarkAngelofDespair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you DA :)

It's no problem. It actually helped me when I tried to go it alone on a diet before. :)