What's the best single serve coffee maker? And why?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love my Hamilton Beach, it was inexpensive and takes up very little counter space and I am still able to use coffee grounds.

I second this one.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I like this Hamilton Beach. Perfect size for 1 (big) cup of coffee. Fresh ground beans each morning is also great and there is very little cleanup.

Hamilton Beach The Scoop Coffeemaker

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16503564?adid=22222222227000797141&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig Elite. I like it because it has a large reservoir and you can pick between sizes. I like the Keurig brand because there are so many types of K-cups out there.
  • cyrstephaniec
    cyrstephaniec Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my Hamilton Beach, it was inexpensive and takes up very little counter space and I am still able to use coffee grounds.

I don't drink coffee, but this what I got my husband for Christmas. We have very little counter space, and we didn't want to deal with the little cups and trying to store them. He loves this thing! You can make mug size and travel mug size. He also loves using his Dunkin Donuts coffee grounds. Very inexpensive, but very nice!
  • ohnancy
    ohnancy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the aeropress too! You make it as strong as you like with whatever coffee you like. You can also make more than one cup with it. It's totally dishwasher safe and it's portable. I take mine on vacation. Oh, and you can get a year's worth of filters on amazon for $3-$4. I've had mine for years, but I think it's probably in the $20-$30 range.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    We use the Bosch Tassimo. Reads a UPC code on the disc to brew perfectly each time. Brews cappuccino, latte, hot chocolate using cream, tea. I liked the kinds of drinks it offers more than the Keurig.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have the Keurig Special Edition. Does everything I want it to do... brew a travel mug of coffee most days per timer.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I second (third? fourth?) the french press. Makes the best coffee, and it's environmentally friendly. Double-win.
  • cindaroses
    Options
    Bodum French Press. I bought one at Target for Christmas. Works like a charm...just use course ground coffee!
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Aeropress.
    It makes espresso-grade coffee (1 or 2 oz), and I always mix that with hot water and some cream for my coffee.
    Really fantastic - single serve, lower in acidity (brewed coffee just stews and stews), and very portable. No AC plug in, all manual. Just boil some water!
    Find it on Amazon. I love it :)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I got a Keurig Platinum for Christmas. I love it! It even does hot chocolate for my daughter. :)
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My preferred method when I have time is a stove top espresso maker. Brews an amazing full bodied cup, and I add hot milk that I hand-froth in my Bodium frother.

I also have a Keurig Platnium from Costco, and I use the Cafe Verona Starbucks pods. Makes a good cup of coffee, brews at a nice, hot temperature and I like that you can select the size of cup of coffee you want. Cost isn't bad, as I get my coffee at Costco - $32 for 54 k-cups.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have a Tassimo which is great for coffees, teas and hot chocolate. Have an Nespresso at work which is great, but limited as only does coffee.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love my keurig even tho I don't drink coffee. They have hot choco, apple cider, chai tea, hot tea and all sorts of other drinks. :flowerforyou:
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We have a Bialetti cafetiere that we use on the stove top, makes lovely coffe - we like illy coffee
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I could not live without my Keurig Platinum!