Replies

• chicken2896
    Options
    I'm going to keep a video diary on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC59bk_nDhk
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    To be totally honest, I find pride and vanity far better motivators for trying to get back in shape than any pretending it's for health benefits and to make me generally feel better.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    To be totally honest, I find pride and vanity far better motivators for trying to get back in shape than any pretending it's for health benefits and to make me generally feel better.

I'm with ya. Let's all be completely honest...yes, you want to be healthy but is that what reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally motivates you or is it the thought of fitting into those tiny jeans?
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My health. I wastched my parents suffer from heart desease and Diabetes. The left the world when I was 35.they were 68/72. Too young . I get up everyday to another day of clean eating an continuing my ambition of being healthy
  • LaNetsah
    LaNetsah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Being healthier and happier! I also keep fashionable clothes that I love and that don't fit me yet, on the eye-level shelf in my closet, so I see them everyday and remember how much I would love to fit into them!
    When I began, I wrote a contract with myself, so I read that when the road seems long and tough, and I also made a list of some rewards I can get at the end of this, things that I've wanted for a long time, like to sky-dive and to get a belly-button piercing, etc. I try to treat myself regularly, to motivate me to keep going, with stuff like massages and manicures or going to the cinema for a good movie. :)
  • itfigures08
    Options
    My motivation is simply the ability to be comfortable in my clothes and the health benefits it carries!
  • brendae61
    Options
    My motivation is to be healthier and happier. Expecting my first grandchild in April and i want to be able to run and play with her as i did my own children:smile:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My motivation is remembering how good I felt in my body when I was my goal weight before. Plus, the hubby and I are going to book a trip to the Bahamas when I feel good in my two-piece again!:wink:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I very much want to fight... In the ring... I want to lose weight for all the usual vanity reasons but i want more than to look good... I want to be able to do anything i want to do... Rock climbing, archery on horseback, become a strong swimmer.
    I want an amazing figure that turns heads for the right reasons.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    To be the greatest diodelcibo can be.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Operation Beach Body! I want to look and feel good by beach season! I can't figure out if I am more motivated by fat pics of me or old skinny pics!?! Trying to find a good profile pic!
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Florida!
  • ellabelle0310
    ellabelle0310 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My health. I wastched my parents suffer from heart desease and Diabetes. The left the world when I was 35.they were 68/72. Too young . I get up everyday to another day of clean eating an continuing my ambition of being healthy

^This. My mother died 2 years ago, at the age of 64. She suffered from heart disease and diabetes, and had spent the majority of her life over 250lbs. I was 26 when she died, and decided that I am going to do everything in my power to prevent going down that path.
  • jdx301
    jdx301 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The mirror and setting a competition with my self.
  • OzarkMountainMan
    Options
    Excellent point!

I too watched my mother and then my father slowly fall into ill health.

Diabetes, HBP, kidney disease and heart disease ran rampant through my family on both sides.

Unfortunately, I have acquired all of these with quadruple bypass the most recent instance.

Since starting a healthier lifestyle I have my Type 2 diabetes under control with diet alone and my blood pressure is showing signs of improvement.

I can't say vanity doesn't play a small part in my weight loss as I think just about everybody wonders what it would be like to fit into the latest fahions but, more over, having watched family pass away, in some cases, decades before their time is really the motivator for me.
  • sara4159
    sara4159 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now my motivator is to make my wedding dress look good. Longer term it's to be able to do a real pull up this year. I have a friend who started crossfit 6 months ago and watching her progress is strong motivation. If she can do it with two kids and a job where she travels all the time so can I.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My motivation... Be healthy.... and be comfortable with my shirt off...My six pack use to get alot of looks! I want it back lol!
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My motivation, is good health (many problems run on my mom's side of the family), and self-confidence! There's really no excuse why we shouldn't take care of ourselves.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Health and -hate to be blunt- I don't want to look and live like most of the rest of my family when it comes to health and weight. The women in my family seem to have a consistent habit of becoming obese by the age of 30 or so.

I'm nowhere near that level, but I'm doing preventative measures just to be safe :)
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I want to get in shape and look normal for a change. It's pretty sad that I can't remember what it felt like to be under 200 lbs. I want to have energy again, instead of being tired all the time. To be able to buy clothing in Wal-Mart and other stores.

I'm so tired of feeling like a prisoner in my own body. It's time to start living again!