BODY COMBAT

Options
Les Mills Body Combat...have you tried it and don't you love it!?!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    It's a good cardio workout. But it's not comparable to actually hitting and kicking a bag.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Is it like Rushfit?
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Is it like Rushfit?

It's a cardio class inspired by mixed martial arts, but there is no contact whatsoever.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I used to teach it and love it. You get a good mix of aerobics with some coordination needed. It finishes off with some light toning and (all too brief) a stretch. Ideally try an introductory class initially, if one is on offer. Otherwise, stay at the back/on the edge of the group initially and allow yourself some mistakes as some of the moves just take a little getting used to. But within a class or two, if it's right for you (and the instructor is good) you will have a blast and barely notice the calorie burn! Enjoy.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love it and really miss not being able to make any classes any more. All the Les Mills are pretty good, like the RPM and Body Pump too x
  • orville54
    orville54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you talking the new Les Mills Combat or the extra disc you can buy after buying Les Mills Pump called Combat?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Les Mills' Body Combat classes have been around for a few years in popular gyms.

It's basically kick boxing to music. And mainly filled with young women. Or it was at the class I watched with my binoculars.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=body+combat

As a traditional martial artist, I find it quite cringe-worthy but it does look like a giggle and quite a good workout.
  • candirose69
    Options
    It's a bit of fun :) I suppose if you have done real martial arts you may not liek it (I can't stand Zumba after having done 5 years latin dancing when i was younger...i ended up screamign at the dvd that they are doing it wrong lol)
    But for the rest of us, a good work out, nice to work on co-ordination and gets the heart rate up...

I love all my les mills classes though im a bit of a fan girl lol
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    No contact? Gah, you gotta hit things like in boxing, then it's FUN! ; )
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    I LOVE IT! It upsets me that I can't do it more than once a week at my gym as the other classes clash with work and family commitments :(
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Zumba after having done 5 years latin dancing when i was younger...i ended up screamign at the dvd that they are doing it wrong

Funny that. I also do tai chi and the tai chi aspects of Body Balance are painful to watch. A Pilates teacher I know criticises the Pilates aspects of BB.

If a fitness instructor designed a car, it'd probably look like this:
    funny-chinese-car-03.jpg
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    hate it.

I was trying to figure out why - because in theory i should like it. But I think it's because I started out doing actual kickboxing (where you are kicking and hitting a person or bag) and I don't like kicking/hitting the air! AND combat is a little too choreographed for my liking. Just a personal opinion - I know lots of folks that LOVE it!
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Are you talking the new Les Mills Combat or the extra disc you can buy after buying Les Mills Pump called Combat?

No not the Combat DVD's, but the actual class called Body Combat :)
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    No contact? Gah, you gotta hit things like in boxing, then it's FUN! ; )

LOL..I know, i miss boxing!!! Super fun!!!