Out with Jillan Michaels in with Kelly Coffey-Meyers

Options
I'm done with Jillan Michaels! I started "Ripped in 30" on January 1st. I completed week 1, week 2, and two days of week 3.

Here's my reasons why:
~ I found her warm ups to be less than adequate. After three days I started doing 10 minutes on my elliptical to warm up.
~ For having to use weights I find her moves to be fast and jerky. I felt like I was going to pull a muscle.
~ I found planking and pushups to be effective; however really tough on the wrist.
~ I found I was sore, but in the wrong places. I wasn’t sore in my muscles! My joints (knees, elbows, and wrist) were really sore.

I had been doing several of Kelly Coffey-Meyers workouts and I'm going back! I completed her "30-Minutes to Fitness Your Best Body" this morning. I was able to use 8lb and 10lb weights! And my muscles are SORE! My joints are fine! I was just as sweaty and my heart rate was as high!

So sorry Jillan I really tried, but your are not for me!!!

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've stuck my mum on it and she's complaining about her knees and joints as well. Maybe some fish oil etc? It's going to hurt your wrists and joints for a while because you aren't used to your bodyweight on the wrists etc, this is something that heals itself with time I find. As for the movements she doesn't seem to teach you form very well such as keeping your back flat etc, I found once I'd got form right the movements were perfect.

I guess it's just each to their own and whatever works for you :)
  • LindaLou252
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!! I wanted to start a strength training program and ran across her 30 Minutes to Fitness: Weights. I love, love, LOVE it! I look forward to working out! JM can kiss my behind. Her way sucks! I did 30DS and finished, but I just had to make myself do it. Don't get me wrong, I lost weight, but it wasn't fun or motivating. I plan on buying more KCM dvds! I wish more people knew about her, and I wish I had started with her on my journey!