Breasts are first to go in weight loss? HA! I wish!

Options
I am going tailgating this weekend for a horse race and need to wear a sun dress. I do not own one, just not my style, but I tried on a bunch yesterday and had the same problem in every size I tried on...cup overfloweth. Seriously, I know my breasts went up like half a cup size when I was a fatty, but none of it has gone down and I've lost almost 20 pounds. I know you can't target an area, but has anyone else had this problem? Most seem to lost the boobs first thing, but I just can't get rid of the tits. This is a problem haha, and it's the only time I'll ever complain about my breasts--but I want to wear a cute dress damnit!

Replies

• weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I grew a cup size with each of my pregnancies going from a B cup to a D cup. Since I hit my post baby weight I have lost an additional 14 pounds and I still have the Ds. I don't really know why they aren't shrinking. All of my girlfriends who have lost weight lost their chest first!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 21 pounds so far and the girls are still bigger than ever. I think after a significant amount of weight loss you'll notice a difference. Of course that is pure speculation but that's the word 'round the streets.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Bleeerrrrrrg. So no sundress, I take it? I don't want to be obscene...
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I personally think you're lucky. :laugh: But they do say the grass is always greener...

I say you can still wear a sundress. Just make sure you have on a well-fitting, supportive bra and a neckline that flatters your shape rather than draws attention to it. Look for thicker straps and a v-neck (not too low) to lengthen your neckline. And if you feel that too much cleavage is still on display, wear a pretty cami underneath.

*Also - make sure to try on a size that fits your chest - you can have it taken in elsewhere.*
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    mmm boobs.

Hahaha my boyfriend is unsympathetic to my plight as well.

And dinosgirl, I think I'll try the cami technique, thanks! I'll shop around for a halter maybe, it's the built-in area for boobs in sundresses that messes me up. I'll keep trying to find one that will let my breasts define how much space they need, rather than a sewn line trying to dictate hehe
  • jenniferdtidwell
    Options
    I have the same problem! I bought a super cute sundress from the Dress Barn in their Misses sizes (I don't know if they have any where you're at), but it's perfect for top-heavy girls when paired with the right bra. It's got the sweetheart neckline, bungee straps, and a flared skirt. A cami underneath is a good suggestion, too.

Good luck with the sundress shopping!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I find that halter top style dresses seem to fit my chest best. I have D's and if I find the dress is too low for anything other than the beach or a party, I'll throw a cami under it to hide some of the cleavage. I own about 10 sundresses, so it it very possible to find one that will suit your body :D
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mine have shrank, but the weight from my thighs went first
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Ooh there is a Dress Barn near my work metro! I will stop by today actually! Whoo, thanks Jen! And maybe I'll pick up some new spring color camis while I'm there...looks like I'll be needing them this summer hehe
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, girl!!! Before I gained weight, I was a 38C... now I'm a 36D. I've lost 20 lbs. (only 19 are recorded on here so far) and I haven't lost that much of the girls yet but I'm waitin'!!! I can't wait to be smaller so I can have better access to adorable bras!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    mmm boobs.
    There's a saying we used in the Army...

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Also try walmart right now. I know most people don't like to admit they clothes shop there but hey it's all cheap and they have better quality then they used to. Right now they have some really cute summer sun dresses that actuatly fit my dd's so the one thing I would recomend with thier sun dresses or any sun dress for that matter is to make sure it isn't too loose in the back. If you find one that fits your cup size with enought coverage, and is also tighter in the back then you might not have to wear a bra. I always had to buy a tank top to wear over my bra and under my dresses which meant 3 sets of straps untill I learned the tighter back trick.

Also look for a dress with adjustable straps, they help:happy:
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Hahaha, Rob are you a Redditor?
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Completely understand and HATE it! 20 lbs down and I am still a D/DD. I have this problem with shirts as well - anything that fits my chest is 3 times too big around my waist. I really haven't found an answer to this yet, except to hope they start making things that fit bigger than an a/b. *sigh* Don't even get me started on sports bras and swimsuits!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    wish I had your problem!!! LMAO :laugh:

I WAS a 34 C, had 2 kids, and after losing all the baby weight (they're 13 and 9 now) I am left with 34 A/B that are an inch or so lower than they should be. The in between size KILLS me, A is too small and B is too big, it's HELL trying to find a bra that fits comfortably AND looks good.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I really haven't found an answer to this yet, except to hope they start making things that fit bigger than an a/b. *sigh* Don't even get me started on sports bras and swimsuits!

I know, right?! I feel like formal occasions are incredibly difficult with big tits. I either have to look like a nun or a hooker. How about you build those triangles a little wider? I am displeased with only having informal boobs, I'd like to have them at formal occasions as well...hehe
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Just finally got them into DD but am sporting a muffin top! Dropped 35 pounds and still sporting a muffin top bra look! I don't really want to lose all of my cleavage but it sure would be nice to get into a size that everyone carries. 32-34 DDD was hard to find!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Yeah I have that problem too, I am a dd and have always been very large in the chest area, problem for me too is that now that the rest of my body is shrinking I still have to buy some tops in L so the breast part fits when the rest of my body is a m sometimes a small. So the bobbie area fits and everything else is loose :( Sun dresses are a problem for me too, sometimes my nipple almost pops out and there's cleavage evrywhere. But I'm happy I have large natural breasts, some things are apain but I think were lucky :)
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Just finally got them into DD but am sporting a muffin top! Dropped 35 pounds and still sporting a muffin top bra look! I don't really want to lose all of my cleavage but it sure would be nice to get into a size that everyone carries. 32-34 DDD was hard to find!

I know what you mean. I was measured and turns out I am a 38 GGG
    Bali sells some E's you may find that fits better.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Kim, the number is how big you are around, which means you've lost fat off your ribcage! Kudos!