New to myfitnesspal need motivation

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Noemi, and like everyone; I've decided that my new year's resolution was to go back to weighing 130 lbs . Everyone would say that I'm not suppose to have any struggles since I was prior military and was suppose to stay in shape all the time. But now after 2 pregnancies, 1 alive & the 2nd baby in heaven, and no longer in the service has brought a lot of stress and depression and of course, those extra pounds. I have to lose at least 38 pounds to get to my goal. But being Hispanic and eating those delicious homemade dishes that my mom makes, it makes it quite difficult to lose all that unwanted weight. I'm a stay at home mom, and have a very busy schedule with my little toddler, making it difficult to put any excercise in my schedule. And I tend to snack late at night, any tips on how to control my appetite? I seriously need motivation!

Replies

• tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    I'll be more then happy to help you stay motivated. The only reason that hard times exist is to let people know what they are capable of overcoming...You got This!!!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    2 words slow cooker. you can totally make awesome mexican food in the crockpot. awesome shreadded chicken, stuffed pablonos....when I eat mexican, it helps if I replace at least some of the tortillas with a really big lettuce leaf like romaine.
    so limit the rice, tortillas, and cheese, and you've got yourself a high protein meal with veggies girl!

also works awesome for indian curry too. so yummy.
  • Zealvictoryteam
    Options
    Hello Naomei I know you can do anything you set your mind to, Not trying to sell you on anything but i just became apart of a company that has a 3,000 dollar incentive for people who hit there goal that is another financial incentive of course.... Just remember personally... I meaning ( you ) I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me. If you need any help with some amazing meal supplements and proteins let me know as well as workout videos... Mssg me we can talk
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    http://startnew-habits.tumblr.com/workout
    to many workouts to count, some very quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM
    4 min workout

remember eating itself at night or any other time of day, doesn't make you gain.
    only if it's more than you need.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/838001-88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories
  • Mark01070
    Options
    Save healthy snacks for late at night. Like fruit or salads just to curb the munchies
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Noemi. Life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. If food is a comfort mechanism then I would try to at least substitue the usual choices with healthy ones. I'm not familiar with hispanic food but I'm sure there are some healthier ingredients you could substitute for the unhealthy ones and still enjoy the food. Best advice I've had is drink a big glass of water before you sit down to eat. Smaller portions and eat more broth based soups-nutritious and filling! There's always great advise on these boards so keep reading them and you'll pick up great tips. Please add me as a friend! You can do this-slow and steady wins the race.
  • dabascom
    dabascom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Noemi, your little one is a primary reason for you to be happy and healthy. In addition to being a great Mom, you can be a great role model. You can do this. Happy to help keep you motivated.