Healthy Hollywood Mom 61+ lbs to Loose

Options
Hello Everyone! I am the mom of four wonderful childs. Two which are 5yrs and 6mths old. While I enjoy both of them I know I must get this weight off. I weighed 303 and have now gotten down to 221; however, even with that great accomplishment it has been at least a year and I want to continue to loose so I may reach my utlimate goal. This is only my second day of getting back into the healthy swing. I really want it to be a lifestyle change. My daught and I have started doing Walk away the pounds....(I have tons of DVD's ) My goal is to not be extreme yet, but ensure that I do some form of exercise everyday. I work with seniors and they are in better shape than I am as far as endurance so something has to change. I love tv and have had several entertainment events and projects. I realize in order to be able to keep up with all and family I must get this weight off.

Looking for some buddies.....

Replies

• ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work so far! And best of luck on your journey. It's an arduous road but I'm sure well worth it in the end.
  • carolcocodiggs
    carolcocodiggs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much....This site is helping me to realize how much I have actually been eating lately. Where I thought I was really cutting calories I was not.
  • tknottstm
    Options
    getting back on track myself. So easy to slip into some nasty bad habits. My problem is now that it is cold I don't want to go outside and exercise but I am still eating the same amount of calories. I have seen 6 pounds return after losing 50 so now I have joined weight watchers to help with the last 25. Good luck!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I LOVE walk away the pounds!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • allyjstone
    allyjstone Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come a great ways from where you started! I am sending you a friend request!
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've had some great success to lose over 80 lbs! MFP is a great place to not only keep track of your diet and exersise, but to meet some terrific people on the same road.
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    hello and welcome! Thats fantastic on your weight loss and now you have come to the right place! This place is full of love and support and I am sure you will meet any and all of your goals here! I started here a little over two weeks ago and I am amazed at all the support you get from so many people all over the WORLD! Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend ( everyone can!)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It is great that your daughter is working with you. It is so hard to lose and like you if I don't document it I lose track and at the end of the day would be over.
    I started at 283, hit 179 a couple times and gained to 190 over the holidays so I am getting refocused right now so I can have my knees done! Then watch out!!!

I LOVE the Hollywood area and consider it my stay-cation area! Plus the music venues are WAY better there then in San Diego!
    Good luck with the journey!
  • jessjayjenk
    jessjayjenk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to exercise in the home. It was raining today and I ran up and down the stairs until my legs couldn't move anymore, did push-ups and squats. It was only about 15mins, but that is 15mins more than not doing anything at all! Make your home your gym, there are millions of ways to do it, that's just what I did today. Keep motivated! :)
  • jessjayjenk
    jessjayjenk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to exercise in the home. It was raining today and I ran up and down the stairs until my legs couldn't move anymore, did push-ups and squats. It was only about 15mins, but that is 15mins more than not doing anything at all! Make your home your gym, there are millions of ways to do it, that's just what I did today. Keep motivated! :)

@ tknottstm
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey I could use someone to lose with on here. Congrats on your significant weight loss that is so awesome. I have been on here for about 3 years on and off. Just got back on again. Trying to lose yet again but need to get serious it is a health issue now. I was 180 and I am now 173.5 as of today need to get to 130 as my goal. I am a mother of 3 year old twins and a 18 year old. Hard to find time to excersise but that might be an excuse which I am queen of so I need to get my butt in gear and get moving. I have so far excersised 3 times this week and I am going for a fourth right now. Hope to talk to ya soon.:happy:
  • carolcocodiggs
    carolcocodiggs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad to hear! I this is day four of my SHRED Revolution experience. So far so good you are not suppose to weigh until the 8th day so I guess Weds I will be suprised. It is very tuff with young children, but we have to do it:)
  • bbrown148
    bbrown148 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. Been back on MFP two weeks now and made the decision too that I had to get serious about this because of my "health" and not my "look". I have four kiddos too and I want to be around for them and be able to participate. I too have Walk Away the Pounds and just started working out at home! WE CAN DO THIS!!