Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam

Options
Does anyone know if there is full length workouts for turbo fire or turbo jam on youtube? I'm unable to purchase it right now. Any other exercise videos for someone around 230 pounds?

Replies

• Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd just go to your local Marshall's or TJMaxx or Walmart and get a $5 to $10 DVD that mixes cardio with bodyweight exercises (options with resistance bands are a plus). Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner are two of my 2nd rate fav's if you can't afford the Beachbody stuff. At 230lbs you really just need to cut away some adipose tissue, and diet and cardio are going to do that for you.

However, I STRONGLY suggest that you incorporate "strength training" or weight lifting to your regimen if you really want to see the fat melt away faster. Check out SuperCork's blog on here (her website is corynicastro.com) to see that results HAPPEN if you check the way you nutrify your body and add lifting heavy (and you don't lift heavy for a while, you build up to it, so don't fret; I'm not asking you to lift 200 lbs over your head like NOW! LOL).

SuperCork--from +200lbs to the beastly athlete you'll see on her page. Check her out.
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also, I got TurboFire and the pace was INSANE. I don't know if you are exceptionally fast and coordinated, but I'm elf-like in my proportions, and even *I* had a hard time keeping up with Chalean. I'd prefer running than TurboFire, but that's just me.
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Turbo Jam. It is nowhere near as fast-paced as Turbo Fire but can still be challenging when you want it to be. Chalene always includes one or two people who do the modified, "lower impact" versions of the moves, which are still super effective.

Fat Blaster and Punch, Kick and Jam are my two faves. Fat Blaster is less than 30 min but it is INTENSE. And fun!

p.s. Sometimes you can find cheaper DVDs on Amazon. Turbo Jam isn't too expensive because you can buy one DVD at a time instead of the whole set like with Turbo Fire.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i don't know if you can download them, but maybe you could find a cheaper one on ebay?
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I ordered the first Turbo Jam dvd off of Amazon for under $20.
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am in pretty good shape and consider myself fairly coordinated, but I could not follow her well enough to get my heart rate up. I would need to be on some sort of stimulant to do it every day. Definitely try to find a clip on youtube before purchasing it. I agree about also lifting weights to help lose fat.