Olive Garden for lunch

Options
I am going to olive garden for lunch with my family. If I could avoid going I would. I'm a sucker for the fettuccini alfredo. What is a healthy dish that actually tastes good?

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    They have an entire section that's supposed to be under 575 calories - don't eat the bread sticks, ask for your salad with only balsamic vinegar instead of their dressing.

and remember, you don't have to finish everything on your plate just because it's there!

Last time I was there I got the lasagne primavera off that light menu, it was delish!

Enjoy :heart:

light menu link below

http://www.olivegarden.com/menu/dinner/lighter/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Actually most of their menu is healthy, just high in calories. Eat half of the lunch portion, and you'll be fine eating what you like best. Just don't eat a bunch of breadsticks. Maybe just have one.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I love Olive Garden but it is very high cal. They highlight the low cal options like they said plus at lunch they have the soup salad and bread sticks option.
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Also there is no law that says that you can't simply go, enjoy what you eat, paying klittle attention to the calories. One day of splurge is not a felony or death sentence. Order what you wish, and just eat in moderation. They have a grilled veggie entree I beleive, but order what you wish. My wife and I order what we like and often take home half or more to enjoy another day, or two. Do not become obssesed with or held prisoner by your diet. Order what you wish, laugh, smiile, be thankful for your family. We have enough stress in our lives without creating more when we should be enjoying our family.