Pregnancy 2010 - Week 15

Options
124»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!!

I am back at it again this week. I am hoping that I can work really hard at it, and see myself into the 180's by weeks end.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

I'm with you, back on track today and it feels GOOD :love: :smooched: Let's keep it going on more day,then one more day after that, etc :laugh:

I'm sleepy so I'm off to bed, good night all and here's to a better day tomorrow :drinker: :yawn:
  • lucy1703
    lucy1703 Posts: 18
    Options
    feeling a bit down. weigh in tomorrow.....not looking forward to it. been so unmotivated this week. i did 3 hours refereeing on sunday evening and a pilates reformer class last night. may just have to force myself to get up and go for a run in the morning in the hope of making the scales move!!!
    have added my goals on now - now you know what i'm trying to get too!
    leaving dubai on the 20th June to go travelling around Australia for 6 weeks before relocating back to the UK. Must get rid of the DUBAI STONE ( and a bit more).
    I must do this i know it will mae me feel so much betrter about myself and increase our chances for TTC.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good yesterday. I even made it to the gym. It turns out when you have only slept 1.5 hours in the last 36, working out is pretty hard! I only managed 15 minutes and then thought I may fall asleep on the elliptical.

It is birthday day at work. I just ate a White Chocolate Macadamian Nut Cookie and a Crossant. Guess I will need to change my entire day's food intake after that :blushing:

Tonight I am using my first of 4 massage gift cards my hubby got me for valentines day. I am a bit nervous...I have never had a massage before.

Have a great day!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll be up this week....all I ate this weekend was sweets - or so it seemed.

I had my first "Unsolicited advice from a stranger" happen last night. I was at Zumba last night We were taking a water break and I was talking to my sister. A lady comes up and grabs my arms and says “Is this ok for you to be doing? I work in Labor and Delivery and was watching you” “!:@:!@”::!:#:$:%:#$:#”$

What I said: Yes, I was very active before hand and have cleared it with my OB. I’m 5 1/2 months and feel just fine.

What I wanted to say: Something not very nice followed by - Like I would do something intentionally to hurt my child. :mad:

The nerve of some people!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ok...Bad weekend! I hate going to my Mother-in-law's! She is a great cook (mainly fresh and healthy, but large portions) and does not support me loosing weight. I love her to death, but really?! I am horrible at fighting temtations and she makes the BEST homemade cinnamon rolls. I think she just does it just to throw me off...She is always pushing to eat more and I hate it! I was just starting to get off my plateau and now here I am back up 2-3 lbs. GRRRR!

Ok enough! Gotta get back in the groove!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I take zumba, too :) I think you know your body and how far you can push it. We were dancing "quebradita", a mexican dance and it involves jumping and switching your legs while rocking back and forth. I felt really out of breath and like I was going to fall so I slowed it down and decided to lift my legs and switch without the jumping part. I still got a killing workout. I love Zumba! it's fun and works your whole body. I'm not as far along as you, so i haven't received any "remarks", but there's another lady in my class that's about 7 months along and no one bothers her. i also take yoga once a week and my instructor modifies the moves for me. She taught yoga during both of her pregnancies, so I know she knows what she's doing. Keep up the good work!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've done a small post in here but I guess I'll officially stay connected...I'm off the pill....this summer we're going to try to get pregnant again. If it doesn't happen, we'll wait until next summer (I'm a teacher and would love a spring baby)
    I am super motivated to lose 10 more pounds. Not too much to ask but I'd like it done by my boys' birthday party in June...and it'd be really nice to get pregnant the same day,
    Seeing y'all on here pregnant and working out is encouraging! I didn't work out with my first two except for walking. This time I plan on continuing my classes. I may take a break from combat for the first couple weeks but the rest I will plan on continuing...with dr ok!
    Anyways, happy to find a group where others are working at losing weight just to get pregnant. I feel so silly when I say it. (I have gained too much in the past being pregnant)
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll be up this week....all I ate this weekend was sweets - or so it seemed.

I had my first "Unsolicited advice from a stranger" happen last night. I was at Zumba last night We were taking a water break and I was talking to my sister. A lady comes up and grabs my arms and says “Is this ok for you to be doing? I work in Labor and Delivery and was watching you” “!:@:!@”::!:#:$:%:#$:#”$

What I said: Yes, I was very active before hand and have cleared it with my OB. I’m 5 1/2 months and feel just fine.

What I wanted to say: Something not very nice followed by - Like I would do something intentionally to hurt my child. :mad:

People crack me up. When my niece was about 3 months old my SIL had her in the carrier car-seat thing and the high char upside down (which an employee had given her) and the manager came over and said, "did you know that is very dangerous to have your child on that?" and my SIL, without skipping a beat, said, "yes, that is why I did it, I want to put my child in a very dangerous situation" the lady looked at her kind of funny then went on to tell her about the sling things they use for baby carrier car-seat things. I'm pretty sure the manager won't be asking people stuff that way.

As far as zumba goes, I went to high school with a lady who just had her 2nd child and taught zumb until she was about 8 months pregnant. People have an old school way of thinking.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I started TTC (sorta) in October last year. Got Mirena removed and now we're just like "whatever happens, happens." My question is: because I am so heavy already, can I still lose weight while pregnant? Not like 50 lbs or anything, but if I ate what's considered "normal" intake for pregnancy it would put me at a deficit and I am sure I would lose. Any other big girls out there either pregnant or TTC have any info?

Thx,
    Mel :happy:

edit, typos
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

We skipped a new thread last week, but here's another one for us! For those who are new to our group, we try to get a new thread up each week, but missed last week. Please feel free to look back over our threads anytime!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/93640-pregnancy-2010-week-17

:happy:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I just read this article yesterday and it reminded me of your story haha:

Once I started “showing” a little baby belly, there were certain things, such as downing a pitcher of beer, skateboarding and pole vaulting, that I decided to stop doing in public.

You see, many people view that belly as a way to tell you what you should and shouldn’t do. I don’t know how many times I walked into a coffee shop only for them to ask me if I wanted my drink “decaf.”

Uh, no. If I wanted my drink without the “good stuff” in it, I would have told you so. Also, why are you looking at me strange? What? You don’t allow cigar smoking inside Starbucks? Okay, fine.

All kidding aside, it really chaps my hide when I see people telling a pregnant woman what to do. Even better is when the advice is coming from someone who has never been pregnant.

I know that the 16-year-old making my mocha thinks that all caffeine is bad, but it isn’t. That is because she hasn’t studied up on what is okay during pregnancy.

Instead, she listens to what she has heard and assumes that any woman that dare drink a cup of joe that isn’t decaf is going to have a five-headed baby.

Even if the baby does have five heads, I’ll make sure to teach those heads not to give unsolicited advice to pregnant women.