Not getting anywhere

KazNoms
KazNoms Posts: 83
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so ive been on mfp a month now and doing my 1200cals though im not to good at sticking to it ,buut im doimg at least 15-20mins of skipping as exercise drinking lots of water and watching what im eating but so far ive gained 2kg rather than losing it any tips? (ps i dont like much excerise it hurts alot) please look at my food diary to for some tips on my meas and snacks

Replies

• jadeparis66
    jadeparis66 Posts: 5 Member
    Okay, I will look
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    I can't see your diary, can you make it public? Also, what are your stats?
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    You have to go to settings and make your diary public for us to be able to view it, then I'd be glad to take a look!
  • that was about the time that I went on a plateau too. I switched up my exercise program and it seemed to do the trick.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I read this from one of your other posts.
    Its not that bad im currentley 5,6 and at 99lbs.

Now I'm not a doctor but I am studying fitness health and nutrition.

At 5'6" and 99 pounds you are already underweight. If you don't like the way you look perhaps focus on strength training, building the muscles and reducing body fat, and stop worrying about the number on the scale.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member

At 5'6" and 99 pounds you are already underweight. If you don't like the way you look perhaps focus on strength training, building the muscles and reducing body fat, and stop worrying about the number on the scale.

I completely agree with this. At 99 pounds and 5'6, you have a BMI of 16, which is underweight (way underweight, since it is under 18.5!) I would focus on toning.
  • KazNoms
    Sorry everyone my diary is now public

Also please try not to judge my choice as of currentley ive gained 6kgs

My goal is to lose.4kg and maintain that steady weight
  • northstar699

AGREE, you're tiny!! And from your diary it looks like you're trying to lose 2 pounds a week. Out of curiosity, what is your goal weight?
  • KazNoms
    My aim was 46kgs and to maintain it
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    OP, how much do you weigh now? I thought from another thread that you weighed 99 pounds, but your goal weight is 46 kg/101.412 pounds.
  • I not a professional by any means, but looking at your diary, I don't think you're eating enough. Try to increase your calorie to at least 1200. This way your body won't think you're starving yourself and reserve extra fats.
  • KazNoms
    Oh ive miscalculated then? Im currentley 51kg aiming to lose 4kg
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    I can't tell a whole lot from your diary because you use the quick add option a lot. (besides the fact that your foods are a lot different than USA foods :)) I can't really get a very good overview of the types of foods you are eating when you don't list out the actual foods. I do notice that you don't seem to get very much water in (or maybe you are not logging it) and your net calories consumed is way below 1200 when you add in your exercise calories. I really think in order to get the body you are looking for you need to build some lean muscle - which is accomplished by adding lean protein and strength training. So my suggestions to you are 1. Increase water intake, 2. Try to NET at least 1200 calories, 3. Add lean protein, and 4. Incorporate some strengthening exercises.
  • northstar699
    Oh ive miscalculated then? Im currentley 51kg aiming to lose 4kg

That still puts you at 112.2 pounds, which is definitely thin for a person who is 5'6". I agree with the above person that you should increase your calorie intake (I would be doing maintenance calories if I were you) and work on building muscle and improving tone. I wouldn't be trying to lose much weight, if any. You'll be surprised at the difference a little muscle will make in how you look. Good luck to you!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    We are not judging you. We are just trying to tell you the truth and give you advice.

You are underweight. That is not opinion, that is fact. Any doctor would tell you the same thing.

We are not saying it to be mean, judgmental or hurtful. We are saying it because we care and we don't want anybody to do anything that could be potentially harmful to themselves. And I'm sure most of us cannot with a clear conscious promote potentially harmful behavior.

All I ask is that you re evaluate your fitness goals. I really think it would do you good to eat more, do some weight training and gain a few pounds in muscle and tone your body.
  • jadeparis66
    jadeparis66 Posts: 5 Member
    hmmmm I thought my diary was public.....
This discussion has been closed.