30 day shred L1D3 omg!!

Options
Ouchhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I started 30DS on Thursday

Day 1: It was hard as I'm not used to such intense cardio workouts but I got through the full session! Hurt all evening

Day 2: Much easier this time round, my endurance improved dramatically and I was really pleased with myself, felt great and had half a protein shake afterwards to help repair my sore muscles.

Day 3 (Today): Really struggled today, I could hardly breathe, was shaking and screaming and swearing at Jillian. I'm not sure if it's because I had a really stressful and emotional day but I had to have a chocolate bourbon after the workout because I was shaking so much!! I did complete it though.

Anyone else felt this deflated after initially feeling great?

:(

Replies

• jainew94
    Options
    LEVEL 1
    day 1-3; muscles ached, puffed out all of the time.. could really feel myself as "unfit"
    day 4-5; WORST DAYS FOR ME, all of the above but 10X worse.. legs shook, couldn't breathe, had to "pause" the DVD to sit down & drink water, heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and sweating loads (which is not normal for me!)
    day 6-7; much, much, much easier and decided to go a level up on day 7!!

LEVEL 2
    day 7; a harder workout but not feeling tired or as puffed out, the exercises were more intense!!
    day 8; feeling my legs burn and as I've upped the arm weights, my arms are pretty much feeling it too.

hope this helps, it does get a lot easier and cannot wait to begin level 3 on the 14th/15th day. woooo!!
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 1 felt fine,
    Day 2 ached,
    Day 3 ached loads
    Day 4 much easier, less out of breath, aches had eased,
    Day 5 easier still
    Day 6 easier still
    Day 7 (had a 3 day break cos I was so ill it was a joke) but was sweaty and a bit tougher but not terrible, but I think that is cos of break. It really does get better so far. Not moved to level 2 yet x

Good luck and stick with it. I already feel more toned and fitter :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the breakdown hun,

Hope I start to feel better soon, looking forward to seeing what level 2 entails. I don't have any weights at the moment so I've been using bottles filled with water lol, need to go out and buy some tomorrow along with a yoga mat.

Just have to burn through it, I've come too far to give up now!!

You're doing great! Can you see any results yet?
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Day 1 felt fine,
    Day 2 ached,
    Day 3 ached loads
    Day 4 much easier, less out of breath, aches had eased,
    Day 5 easier still
    Day 6 easier still
    Day 7 (had a 3 day break cos I was so ill it was a joke) but was sweaty and a bit tougher but not terrible, but I think that is cos of break. It really does get better so far. Not moved to level 2 yet x

Good luck and stick with it. I already feel more toned and fitter :)

Thank you, I was sweating like crazy today and felt like giving up so many times, my husband on the other hand tweaked his knee 10 seconds in and had to sit down :laugh:
  • jainew94
    Options
    Thanks for the breakdown hun,

Hope I start to feel better soon, looking forward to seeing what level 2 entails. I don't have any weights at the moment so I've been using bottles filled with water lol, need to go out and buy some tomorrow along with a yoga mat.

Just have to burn through it, I've come too far to give up now!!

You're doing great! Can you see any results yet?

Results?
    well not a huge amount, i can actually feel a set of abs through my tummy but i don't think i will see much of them until the cardio starts to kick in and i start dropping a few more pounds! definitley can see the difference in my calf muscles (or says my boyfriend!)
    will change my profile photo soon (when i feel a little more confident) so you can see the difference :)))
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just started of day 1. My god was quite intense.my legs r already sore..tmw im nt sure wat will the condition.
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for the first time back in October. The first day was killer! I was sore for the first 4ish days. It truly made me realize how out of shape I was! But, trust me, it gets easier! I do it a couple of times a week still and even level 2 is a breeze for me now! I'm not liking level 3 as much, but I'll get there! I had great results doing it too; lost 4 lbs and about 4 inches total when I completed the first 30 days.
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on day three too! The first few were pretty rough as well (lots of soreness), but I hit the wall today. I've tried to do 30DS a few times before, and I just can't manage to make it past the first week :(

The results from others are really encouraging, though, so I'm hopeful that it'll get easier...fingers crossed.
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 5.
    Day 1 I barely got through it, my legs were so sore I couldn't sit down, I had to drop down.
    Day 2 same thing
    Day 3 was easier, the soreness started to go away.
    Day 4 was the same as day 3.
    Friday I took a day off because I went to the gym instead in the morning and I was too tired after work to even think about it.
    Today was Day 5. I still have to break a time or two for water during the cardio portions but the strength and abs are easier and I don't hurt at all.

I was surprised about the way this workout kicked my butt; I exercise regularly, every day at the gym, but it's the same old stuff every day. I wanted to shake it up a bit and this dvd has definitely been doing that. It makes me feel stronger too.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Started Thursday, sore on Friday morning. Missed Friday because I couldn't be @rsed, so I did D2 this afternoon and have just finished D3 as punishment...

Feel better and more in breath having done it twice today then on Thursday!