Newbie!

Options
Hi
Started dieting on Wednesday. I don't do much exercise, have 4 stone to lose - a connection?!!! I'm looking for friends to give and receive motivation to get moving and lose... I don't like gyms, enjoy walking, would like to go swimming- but look grotesque in swimwear...have a wii fit that I've retrieved and dusted off today. So here goes....

Janatarnhem

Replies

• amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am 33 and 210 looking to lose 75 to 80 pounds...slowly, lol. My average workout is doing laundry and housework...lol. I do also have wii and some wii fit etc so its just using it... :) I'm having a rough coupke days but have been here for about a week.
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to be for motivation and there are many, many people who can share their stories of success (and struggles) with you to help you along the way. I have been here about a year. I have lost about 30 lbs and would like to lose another 20. (I gained 10 back which is frustrating, but I think if you lose it twice it should count again lol) My best advice to you is to get moving. If you like to walk, that's a great place to start. It uses calories, will help you get in shape and makes you feel great. Good luck, you are in the right place!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Add me too, if you'd like. Gyms are a necessary evil, but me and Bob (the treadmill) have a lunch date a few times a week. We both make the best of it.
    :bigsmile:
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    hi, you can friend me if you like. I have about 60 lbs to loose, I also loathe and deteste the gym but love walking...I walk alot!!! 54 and living in the UK:smile:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: ^^^^^That's funny!!!-I'm new too! I 'm obsessed with this site!!!!-Lower your calorie intact & move your body & drink the darn water!!!!-You can add me :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose some serious weight, start brisk walking every day. Get some headphones and a walking buddy.

Log your exercise but do not eat your exercise calories. You will see the weight fall off
  • eatright2013
    eatright2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi- Feel free to add me. I don't like gyms either. I have had a hard time getting motivated to walk due to the crappy weather here in Nova Scotia. I guess I can come up with lots of excuses. This weekend my goal is to drink more water. So far so good. Maybe next week I will challenge myself to get out in the fresh air ( no matter how cold it is). Welcome aboard!!
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello to everyone.....I love my new elliptacal, use it about 45 mins. 3-4 times/week. Also, walking and biking. Need to lose 20 more lbs., which is hard, the scale is not moving, but I have noticed my clothes are fitting more losely :))
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    I forgot to say hello to everyone....so "hello"