For the New People: Exercise and Your Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Always a great reminder. My longest "plateau" was when I started weight training. Then I dropped 8 pounds over about a week and a half.
  • RobynMcGregor
    Options
    Having read this I don;t feel so bad now, I was losing doing no exercise and now that I am exercising nothing appears to be moving. New Mantra - "Patience, persistence, perseverance"
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Having read this I don;t feel so bad now, I was losing doing no exercise and now that I am exercising nothing appears to be moving. New Mantra - "Patience, persistence, perseverance"

I totally agree: Patience, persistence, perserverance. Thanks for the reminder.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    There is a theory floating around that fat cells once emptied of fat can take up water as well. They eventually release the water which can cause a whoosh as well. Weight loss isn't lineal anyway. If you are in a deficit, you are losing weight.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Glad if I could help anybody! This drove me nuts before I realized what was happening.
  • LoriIone
    LoriIone Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! This is what has been happening to me, it was discouraging! But I'm just plowing through it, and will weigh myself in a week or so. Thanks!
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that! I recently turned up th eintessity in my work outs (past 2 weeks) thinking could break a pleateau ...
    saw zero difference! So reading ths gves me hope. Thanks!!
  • lomins
    lomins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I hate my scale.
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Ahh dammit! So the weight gains I have made recently may just be water ... which will disappear after a short while:huh: