30 Day Shred? Insanity? Jillian? P690X

Options
Help me out, I guess I'm getting old. I did Jane Fonda in tights and a spandex body suit back in the day. Which of these programs is the best to get physical results? I thought all of these programs were just cheesy info mercials? I must be wrong because a lot of the people around here seem to love them. Just need advice I'll buy one and do it.

Replies

• rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome!!!! It's hard but addicting and it gets you fast results if you do the work. I also enjoy 30DS.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Check them out on you tube first! They are not always a complete program but there are usually some that are close. Jillian's 30 day shred and ripped in 30 are both completely there.:smile:
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You could start with 30 day shred or Ripped in 30 (they are both Jillian Michaels), if they seem really easy for you then move up to P90X or Insanity. 30 day shred is free on youtube, so you could try it and see how you like it.

I have heard Insanity is just that, insane lol.

Good Luck!
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I AM DOING THE 30 DAY SHRED TO YES ITS HARD BUT I DO HAS MUCH AS I CAN I HAVE JUST STARTED ON LEVEL ONE AND YOU
  • mrlucas2
    mrlucas2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have started dtaking an insanity type class and I LOVE it! I also have 30DS and ripped in 30 which are good for toning but did not butn as many calories for me
  • fabulousfitness
    Options
    I have not done Insanity or P90X.
    But I have done both 30DS and Ripped in 30!
    I did 30 Day Shred and had GREAT results.. than I went onto Ripped in 30 and it helped (I wasn't eating enough turns out).
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 30 DAY SHRED. Anything Jillian does in my opinion is GOLD! :)
    Hope this helped..
    Good luck to you.

-Lea
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    HAS ANYONE TRIED TURBO FIRE I REALLY WANNA TRY BUT THEY DON'T HAVE IT HERE IN NEW ZEALAND :-(
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've ordered 30DS and waiting for it to be delivered this week :) Can't wait to get started after all the great reviews I've heard here and other places :)
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    I really like p90x. If you are starting a new exercise program, doing any of the workouts you mentioned might be too difficult. Consider what I like to do:

If I'm working out to a dvd, I'll monitor my heart rate. If I get to 80% of max (about 155) I slow it down, no matter what they're doing in the dvd. calculate your max heart rate with any number of tools: just google "heart rate calculator"

That's just me - I'm just trying to get a workout without damaging my self. I'm a big guy and I'm approaching 40 so I fear for my heart health.
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity, but I'm in week 7 of P90X, have done 30 DS, Ripped in 30 and I own several of Jillian's other DVDs.

What would be best for you depends on what you're looking for.

Insanity is, from my understanding, lots of high impact cardio with body weight strength training (push-ups, planks, etc). Workouts range from I think 30-45 minutes.

30DS is circuit training with strength and cardio. You will need dumbbells to do the program. Workouts, with warm-up and cool down, are about 30 minutes.

Ripped in 30 is circuit training too - same format as 30DS. The workouts are a little longer - I think they were between 30 and 40 mins with warm-up and cool down.

Some of Jillian's others are great too - Burn Fat Boost Metabolism is cardio based circuit training with a little body weight training, and No More Trouble Zones is a weights based circuit training dvd - dumbbells needed. Each of these runs around 45 mins with warm-up and cool down.

P90X daily workouts vary - 65 - 92 minutes or so depending on the day. Most will clock you in around an hour. On strength days it'll be 65-75 minutes with your weight dvd and ab ripper x, 60 minutes for plyo, kenpo, cardio, or stretch x, 92 minutes for yoga (once a week on regular weeks, 2x a week on recovery weeks). Dumbbells and a pull up bar or resistance bands with a door attachment are required.

And to farah_minami - TurboFire is awesome! I finished a round of that before starting P90X and it is by far my favorite workout program.

Hope this helps :) feel free to msg me if you have any questions I can help with.
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    none of the above.
    kettleworx programme is the best! research it, you wont regret it,
    its sooooooo good in such short workouts!
    http://tv.kettleworx.com/?uid=WW1_KWX
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone sounds like Jillian's 30 day shred is the most popular. I'll check it out on YouTube first. Thanks again for all of your replies! I'm in awe of all of you!
  • MyFitGrlSwag
    MyFitGrlSwag Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 of Insanity and I LOVE IT!!! I haven't weighted my self but after 10 days I had already lost over 5 1/2 inches. It's hard work but totally worth the satisfaction of seeing myself tone up and shrink!! I believe all of the programs you mentioned are great and it mostly comes down to personal preference.

I chose insanity because I didnt want to do the same work out everyday, and its only 63 days in length. I felt that I could hold myself accountable for at least that length of time.

Good luck!