1,000 calories left on my daily intake and its 6pm...

Options
I have over 1,000 calories left to eat, barely exercised today and am not hungry and its 6pm..what do I do? Stuff myself full of cals or just ignore it cause I'm seriously not hungry? Normally, Im just under or go over my cal intake a little...

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I only have 200 left and I am starving. I suggest peanut butter (natural) if you have to get some calories in. Otherwise, just skip it.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd say have something small just to keep your metabolism up but then carry forward the rest of your calories for tomorrow when you are bound to be really hungry!
  • Chubby_Bum
    Options
    Personally, if I wasn't hungry and my body didn't seem to be craving anything specific then I'd just ignore it. This isn't something where you have this happen often and, honestly, how healthy would it be for you to be forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry. There are just days where your system doesn't feel the need to eat just as there are days where all you feel like doing is eating ... take it day by day and don't worry about those rare days where you have a whack of calories left and lacking the rumbling in the tummy. :smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I have over 1,000 calories left to eat, barely exercised today and am not hungry and its 6pm..what do I do? Stuff myself full of cals or just ignore it cause I'm seriously not hungry? Normally, Im just under or go over my cal intake a little...

Since it's just a fluke thing, don't worry about it. :drinker:
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, but I don't think it will hurt you to be way under every once in a while. As long as it isn't the norm. You will probably eat something else tonight, but I wouldn't do it just to get my calories.

I have over 900 left for today because I am not feeling well.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    may we see your food diary? it would help with advice.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    How about you give them to me? I am about to leave for a dinner party. I could burn 1,000 calories. No problem.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't exactly keep to a 24 hour cycle,it's more a rolling average, you are fine not eating them as long as it's not the norm.
  • yoda1999
    Options
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Funny you say that because for three days this week I have been the same. The result of coming onto MFP is that I watch what I eat and I also seem to be better at keeping my calories for the evening.

Funny thing is that it is the weekend or I have not exercised, I do not feel hungry. I don't always eat all the cals. I know that this is not good but then I reckon on other days I go over a little bit.
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you are concerned about not reaching your daily goal, try a protein shake. Keeps you hydrated and allows you to get some much needed protein into your diet even if you are not hungry. Stay hydrated! ^_^
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

If you're not hungry, don't eat. You'll make up for it later in the week or month.
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi
    I have had that problem and then think....hmmm time for some local ice cream and grapes....ok two scoops is 80cals but with that amount left you can get yourself 4 scoops and 20 grapes ....a nice treat.

But I do hate it when it comes up with the warning about not taking enough cals in the day. Even today my lunch was only 215 cals and it was a full plate ...it was a Prawn Salad from the Morrisons supermarket cafe, dont you just love the places having the cals on the menus now.

But dont worry about 1000 being left...unless its every day and your not eating anything...
  • SaraLily85
    SaraLily85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about you give them to me? I am about to leave for a dinner party. I could burn 1,000 calories. No problem.

I wish I could!
  • SaraLily85
    Options
    may we see your food diary? it would help with advice.

Open to the public!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You didn't finish logging yesterday. Would yesterday and today average out? There are other days recently that you didn't hit 1200 calories. My suggestion would be wait a little while and eat something--peanut butter, protein, etc. Eating too few calories may stall your weight loss goals. Good luck.
  • SaraLily85
    Options
    You didn't finish logging yesterday. Would yesterday and today average out? There are other days recently that you didn't hit 1200 calories. My suggestion would be wait a little while and eat something--peanut butter, protein, etc. Eating too few calories may stall your weight loss goals. Good luck.

Yeah, sometimes I don't finish logging. And some days I just completely forget then its too late and it doesn't matter anymore.... I normally have a hard time staying below 1600 unless I exercise hard... but I do my best to track everything.