Made it thru my First Week ... Need Support

Options
Hi ... I'm Angela and I am starting my weight loss journey here on MFP. I finally think I found the tool here I need to be successful.
I lost 5 lbs this week and am really motivated now to keep going. I would love to make some new friends here for motivation and advice. I would love to be an encourager to you too. Have a Blessed Day! Angela!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• coach_anaya
    Options
    Great job on getting through your first week! 5 lbs is a wonderful achievement!!!! Keep up the wonderful work.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Angela. I'm Tracy. Congrats on your weight loss!!! 5lbs in a wk? that's awesome. What did you do ? LOL
    I'm new to mfp as well. Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • scunnin8
    scunnin8 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey Angela!
    This is my first week too, and I am also new!! It's my second day and I seem to be doing pretty good. My goal is 1.5 pounds a week. 5 pounds?! Thats great!!! Keep up the good work!
  • lesserJess
    Options
    Way to go! 5 lbs! what did you do? that is awesome!
  • mommawoftwins
    Options
    Hi, my name is annette and i am new at this also. I have tried so many different programs and like most of you i failed. This time I am so ready ..... Mostly for health reasons and to keep up with my grandbabie that are 3 (twins). I have been on this for about 2 weeks now and lost maybe 5 pounds. And ready to keep going, its not that hard just log everthing you eat. We all can do this together. May God bless you and help you. :flowerforyou:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    That is wonderful that you lost 5 pounds the first week! I need some encouragement as well so I will send you a friend request :happy:
  • losnitntn
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Excited to be here on MFP. I have lost 20lbs since January, but was hitting some platueas.....a friend of mine told me about this website, and so far have truely loved it. I am excited about making new friends, and getting the next 20lbs off.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    HI Angela, I'm Marilyn, and Congrats on finding your way to MFP. It is a wonderful site, full of information, motivation, prayers and all kinds of help. I joined in Feb, and I love it. I hope that you find it useful on your new journey. Welcome to MFP.
  • brideybeth
    Options
    Hi Angela, I'm starting week 2 today! 5 lbs is great! I Lost 4 lbs my first week. When you record your calories I think it makes you think twice before eating something lol.. good luck!
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fabulous start - well done! I am new here myself but I find the whole concept great and it ha helped me to manage my food and exercise.

Hope it continues to work well for you - I am sure it will, you are obviously well motivated!
  • dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    Way to go - 5 lbs in one week is awesome. I haven't been here but a few days myself, lost 1 lb so far. I am hoping this is going togive me the support I need. Good luck - you've done great
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    Wow you are doing a great Job! Keep up the good work... I will be your friend.. LOL:flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • msdeborah
    msdeborah Posts: 11
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! Get ready for the see-saw ride, but when you finish you'll come out on top(That's what they tell me). I'm only down 3 lbs, we gotta start somewhere. Remember we are fearfully and wonderfully made. And with 5 lbs down I'm already scared of you. :laugh: God speed!
  • msdeborah
    msdeborah Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes we can. We can do all things through Christ that helps us keep the wrong stuff out of our mouths :embarassed: