SPECIAL K CHALLANGE

Options
Has anyone done the Special K Challange and seen results? Please let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat real food within your budget?
  • TGSgirl2017
    TGSgirl2017 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im thinking about doing it except not follow what they want me to eat for dinner but will replace 2 meals a day with their products for 2 weeks to see how it goes and go from there. if you want add me
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The Special K challenge/diet is just a clever marketing scam by Kellogg's to get people to buy more of their products.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    your profile says something about ' i've tried different weight loss programs that tell me what to eat, doesn't work for me, makes me moody and depressed' sounds like you need to just eat a variety of foods you enjoy under your calorie allotment.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You can't do the Special K challenge without completely ignoring all the healthy eating guidelines, their products are jam packed with sugar, salt and refined carbs.

You use the word healthy repeatedly in your profile so stop looking for a quick fix and eat real wholefoods - type 2 diabetes and clinical depression can be prevented and treated nutritionally but in neither case are sugary cereals recommended! Diets for both are quite similar - oily fish, fruit and veggies, fibre and mineral rich foods (beans, lentils, nuts, seeds), avoiding added sugar and white refined carbs. Look especially at your intake of B vitamins, vitamin D, magnesium, DHA and EPA.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    From what I can recall, Special K products add up to a certain number of calories. Find out what those calories are and find real, actual, tasty foods within that range.

Eat, enjoy, lose weight. Special K is just another fad designed to make you think it's product (when it's really just the calorie deficit) that is doing the trick.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    The Special K food does not have any special ingredients to make you lose weight, it's just cutting way back on calories.

I could never do that "diet," I'd be starving!

Count up how many calories their diet allows you and eat real food instead.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sounds like it wouldnt work in the long run since it's not teaching any new longterm eating habits.

once you lose the weight i'm assuming you woudnt want to keep eating cereal 2 meals a day, so you'd go back to the real food your were eating and then regain the weight
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Can you follow the Special K challenge for the rest of your life? No? Then don't even attempt it. Doing stuff like that is what causes yo-yo weight loss/gain.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    special k challenge is a stupid challenge ! - YOU NEED TO LEARN TO READ FOOD LABELS !!!!!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    It has always irritated me that Special K has managed to associate itself with weight loss and health. It's just a breakfast cereal, with much the same calories and nutrition as other breakfast cereals. They are all "low-fat", except the ones that have added nuts have a bit of extra fat (and a bit of extra nutrition).
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the Special K Challange and seen results? Please let me know your thoughts!

It works but I did find that I gained everything back along with a few pound more. But each to their own good luck in whatever you decide
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I kind of took offence to some, but i also tried to look at it in a possitive way.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It's like all carbs. I feel like I would be hungry all of the time on it. Just my thoughts.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Special K is really all about the calorie intake. why not just eat what you want and log it on here?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am all for it!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The Special K challenge/diet is just a clever marketing scam by Kellogg's to get people to buy more of their products.

Seriously. This is not a real meal plan - it is a marketing gimmick. Your body deserves better than that - eat real food.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a week when I first started trying to lose weight. It made me angry and I was STARVING. On that "diet" you are not eating enough calories. I only lasted a week on it and I actually gained 2 lbs.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the site and it's changed, it used to be cereal for breakfast and lunch and a 500cal dinner. Their sample menu is now:

Breakfast: Beans on toast
    Snack: Tangerine & yogurt
    Lunch: Potato and leek soup
    Snack: Date, cream cheese, walnut & satsuma
    Dinner: chickpea curry and rice

All of which looks sensible to be fair so if you need someone else to structure your meals for you then I don't see why not. I prefer to plan my own.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The amount of cereal and milk you get creates a challenge all right. Its a challenge not to gnaw on your own arm to satisfy your hunger after you eat it.